SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question for our North Dakota members
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for our North Dakota members Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
My daughter and son-in-law are about to put in an offer on a house in Bismarck, and I wanted to find out from the locals what kind, if any, of vaccine restrictions are in place in Bismarck and across the state? When I lived there 40 years ago, it was a very conservative state. Is that still true?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
From Ca. or NY I am guessing. I have no idea what a "vaccine restriction" is. Roll Eyes

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
From Ca. or NY I am guessing. I have no idea what a "vaccine restriction" is. Roll Eyes

They don't want to move to a state that restricts their freedom

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
"vaccine restrictions" are a pipe dream for some. That is all they are. So if you need to. Reassume them that it is fine. There or just about anywhere else.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Full disclosure, I live in Fargo, but there aren't any restrictions as far as I'm aware. I don't keep up with the local news on a regular basis. Haven't seen any masks required since the spring.

Have been seeing several places with masks recommended.

Can't speak for local businesses requiring their employees to be vaccinated. Mine is tracking our self reported (vaccinated, not vaccinated or no answer) status.

I'm a deplorable.

Posts: 671 | Location: Fargo ND | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
Not aware of anyone requiring vaccinations though lots of places encourage them. Masks are pretty much optional except that any time you go into a hospital or clinic they are required and some employers like Walmart and Menards require their employees to wear them, at least here in Jamestown.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
I'm in Bismarck. No restrictions. Very conservative area. What part of town? We might be neighbors.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
When you visit, don’t forget your prairie dogging rifle & ammo.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I lived in Bismarck for 35 years. My home town is very conservative. My Brother still lives there and the only place he knows of that require masks are Health Care Facilities.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone - that's what I wanted to hear! They put in an offer on a house down by the airport.

Now my next question - how often do you get flooding in that area?

ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
Flooding down there depends on so many factors. It's not frequent, but when it happens, it's really lot by lot.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The coldest I’ve ever been has been in Fargo and later that week, Bismarck. I mean cold. Dakota wind will cut right through you. I get cold just thinking about the Dakotas!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
The coldest I’ve ever been has been in Fargo and later that week, Bismarck. I mean cold. Dakota wind will cut right through you. I get cold just thinking about the Dakotas!

Minot is like that too, from what I understand.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats to your daughter and son in law

I spent all last summer in Bismarck hiding from COVID.

I fell in love with the City and the people

I had a blast shopping, hiking, sight seeing and eating out.

I am trying my hardest to find work and get back there.

Then I came back to this sh**t hole called Durham.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post