SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Over the Shoulder F-16 Demo Cockpit Footage
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Over the Shoulder F-16 Demo Cockpit Footage Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 800 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Cool view and great video!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Heck of a view through that canopy! Thanks.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
no wonder the golf courses are always so noisy...

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Very cool.
I just realized, my job sucks.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
It's amazing how quickly the F16 changes directions and turns. I'd love a chance to do the back seat ride along.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
Very cool.
I just realized, my job sucks.

I'll bet most of us felt that when watching. Still, I wonder what the stress level is when flying like that. Is an experienced pilot just doing his thing like most of us would drive a familiar route to the store, or is it a soaked in sweat, working hard every minute flight? I believe we have a few former fighter pilots on the forum. I'd be interested in their thoughts.

Posts: 8958 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
pretty sure he was working hard most of the time

that took some serious practice - was watching the altimeter - holy crap!

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Is an experienced pilot just doing his thing like most of us would drive a familiar route to the store, or is it a soaked in sweat, working hard every minute flight?

I wasn't a "fighter pilot" per se (Attack pilot) but flew tactical jets. While the pilot isn't doing the same as someone out on a Sunday drive, everything he does is a routine maneuver that he has probably done hundreds of times or more. As such he is physically conditioned to the G-forces, etc.

It's not completely benign (he is working as someone posted) but it's not as exhausting as it looks if you're conditioned to it.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6731 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
I went to my first ever air show earlier this year. While seeing the Blue Angels was awesome, it was matched for me by the single F-16 demo. I am going to see the Thunderbirds in F-16's later this year and cannot wait.

Posts: 2292 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Wow - that was awesome!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
One of his other videos he's taking a friend up and the computer voice warns "Pull up. Pull up." and he says "Don't mind her".

I like this guy.

Posts: 1987 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Pilot "Rain" Waters in the video does a podcast called "The Afterburn", for those interested. I believe he's a FedEx pilot now.

Posts: 143 | Location: San Diego, California | Registered: May 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasScrub:
One of his other videos he's taking a friend up and the computer voice warns "Pull up. Pull up." and he says "Don't mind her".

Bitchin' Betty.

That voice is easy to ignore when you can see the terrain.

It really grabs your attention, when you can't.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Wow. From his view it really put the power / agility into perspective.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Being a trained fighter pilot myself (I fought air pockets in Cessna 172s), I can tell you that pilot did a great job. But the airplane was possessed! He tried to land the darned thing several times when it just flipped over! The crowd was lucky they weren't all killed! I tell ya that kinda stuff wouldn't have happened if he was in a tactical Cessna.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
He was sure in great shape for flying, he must have been pulling high Gs again and again and I never even heard him breathe.

Would have been cool if the camera caught the HUD the Major was seeing.

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
I went to my first ever air show earlier this year. While seeing the Blue Angels was awesome, it was matched for me by the single F-16 demo. I am going to see the Thunderbirds in F-16's later this year and cannot wait.

Sanford?

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Cool

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:

Sanford?

Yes sir.

Posts: 2292 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post