Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ER visit Login/Join 
posted
Ended up at the ER Sat. Had to call an ambulance because my husband was at the range about 1½ hrs away (no, I didn't tell them that part).

Fell down my back steps - 5 concrete steps down to a concrete pad. Extra steep, extra shallow, huge lip on each tread.

Landed on my right elbow. Broke my humurus all the way through, then a fracture from the break to my elbow. I am lefty, but still.

ER doesn't understand splint and swathe, so I get a single splint on the underside of my arm and a regular sling.

Call the recommended orthopedist first at 8am today, his scheduler either didn't pass along my message at all or hopelessly garbled it. Called back at 1:30, talked to a different person, got an appt for 9:30 tomorrow and talked to the doc's tech about better immobilizing the pieces of my humurus so they won't rub and pop every time I move.

I just don't get why this was so difficult. The ER doc talked to this guy Saturday about my injury so he knew I'd be calling.

Cast or surgery, I guess I'm not going to the range anytime soon...

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 720 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Ouch.

Feel better and post some nasty pics.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17597 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. I hope you make a full recovery!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4945 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I cringe at the thought. Hope they take good care of you.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad it was not your leg. Sorry to hear about your arm though.
I was on a ladder a couple years ago pick bag worms off my Spruce tree and the ladder tipped. I tried to grab a limb on the tree, but it was too much on my wrist and then I fell onto that hand.
I could not use it for a few weeks, but was very lucky, no breaks.
Hope you do not need surgery.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
That's awful. I hope you get taken care of and feel better.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7149 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Ouch damn. Best wishes to you for a successful recovery.

Posts: 11983 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Ouch! I hope you heal quickly.

Since misery loves company...I'll confess that I fell down my front steps one night last week. Nothing broken, but I'm still gimping around on a sore knee.

Posts: 2692 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
That's terrible speedy recovery is my hope for you.
I know about falling down,but its cause that darn Trapper [100+ # yeller lab] jerking me down on our walks when he sees a cat.

Posts: 22420 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My condolences and wishes for a speedy treatment and recovery.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys.

And yep, misery loves company, but I'm glad you didn't seriously hurt. I'm not that mean Wink

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 720 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Ouch ouch ouch.

Here is to a speedy recovery.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31440 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
get well soon!!

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4892 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
Ouch. Get well soon.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1310 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry. I also hope for a fast recovery.

My mom was house sitting one New Year's Eve, watering the plants and as she stepped down off a stool, she stepped on a dog bone, fell, and broke her wrist. It was storming out, she didn't want to bother her kids with a trip to the ER, so she suffered overnight and let us know New Year's Day.

She was a tough lady, and the good Lord blessed us with her.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1140 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
It hurt me just to read that.

You have my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I shattered my left humerus just above the elbow in fall from about 12 feet and it was about three hours from the time I broke it until I went into surgery.

Some of the most agonizing pain I have ever experienced.

I cannot imagine you having multiple breaks and injuries and not being seen for days.

Hope you mend well and soon.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44460 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Sounds like improper immobilization then fumbled the handoff. Too common, I'm afraid.
Get well soon!

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Broke my humerus twice, definitely no fun since it's difficult to cast so constantly moves. Had surgery after the second time.

Hopefully you have a speedy recovery.

Posts: 846 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post