Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Ouch ouch ouch.

Here is to a speedy recovery.

You are short two ouches, FIVE steps.

Get well soon Leeann. Sounds rather painful, especially having to wait days to get to ortho.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I skipped a couple, so 3 might be right Smile

Thanks, guys. Head to the doc in a little over an hour.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 720 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leeann:
I think I skipped a couple, so 3 might be right Smile

Thanks, guys. Head to the doc in a little over an hour.

Shot you a PM on that other local forum you post to when you're not over here.

Good luck with the doc!

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16312 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Leeann

If you need and braces or equipment reach out for me...

Good luck

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8676 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not just surgery, 4-5 hr surgery. It's the break down into the elbow joint that's the problem.

And I have to have a CAT scan to determine the actual damage to the elbow first, which will determine which surgery he performs - rod up from the elbow with screws on both ends, or screws in the elbow with a plate and screws to secure the humurus.

Surgery Saturday morning first thing.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 720 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Just a former ER nurse here; but from what you described, not seeing an x-ray, & based on my experience, you should have had a double sugar tong splint with a sling & swathe.

One sugar tong goes from your armpit down around your elbow and up over the top of your shoulder. The other goes from wrist to elbow & back. Finally to help with immobilization a sling & swathe.

Good luck with your surgery & hoping for a rapid and complete recovery.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Humurus was transected and the pieces weren't real close, plus an angle of about 15°. The crack starts at the break and goes straight down into the elbow. Better view of that to come from the CAT scan.

As soon as I have access to the xrays, I'll post it.

And yes, that is what I would have guessed about the splint/swathe.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
It hurt me just to read that.

You have my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Me too. Get well soon.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Leeann, Hope all heals well and quick. Unfortunately the medical field today, pretty much demands either you or someone with you knows what is needed and will speak up!

Posts: 4445 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post