SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Computer geeks, a couple of unrelated questions from a computer illiterate
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Computer geeks, a couple of unrelated questions from a computer illiterate Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Well, after all that downloading and waiting and installing and waiting, the final message was "Windows 10 Install has failed!"
I guess I'll buy a new laptop eventually. Thanks, everyone.

Hey Q, I know a guy who might be able to return some karma and help you out. Smile
Shoot me an email if you are interested and let's see if we can revive this for the better even if you get a new one or not.
Karma doesn't always have to be a bitch. Razz

Posts: 22925 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Was your machine originally a win8 machine or a win 7 machine? Win10 has some pretty significant HW requirements that an older machine will not be able to meet.

My guess is it's failing because it doesn't meet the minimum hw requirements for win10.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
My guess is it's failing because it doesn't meet the minimum hw requirements for win10.

Not likely, more like corruption of files or bad hardware like memory or hard drive.

Posts: 22925 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post