SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I have to be missing something. Tennessee proposed Bill.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have to be missing something. Tennessee proposed Bill. Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
OK, help me out here, I'm just a dumb arse deplorable Tennessee hick and I can't even imagine an actual use for this. What am I missing?

You, and only you, can voluntarily put your self on a list so people can't sell you a gun? And you can remove your name at any time. WTF?

Edit to add: Apparently if you add your own name to the do not sell list... and them go buy a gun... you are subject to a $1000 fine.

http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/110/Bill/HB0962.pdf

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4116 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Feel good legislation?

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Maybe I've been in Tennessee too long Big Grin , it doesn't make sense to me either.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Would this allow a legal guardian to sign up someone to prevent them purchasing a gun.

I guess the snowflakes could sign up to get a warm fuzzy...

Or just to add red tape, requiring sellers to consult the list before any sale...

Posts: 4116 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems to be a way to sign someone ELSE to that list.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Who is the sponsor?

It's nothing more than Democrats putting forth a "common sense bill" that will get shot down so they can point fingers at Republicans.

Posts: 3652 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
<confused>

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
Can your Wife put your name on the list?

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4779 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
Who is the sponsor?

Both Democrats. Love and Harris. In a very red state!

Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OneWheelDrive:
Can your Wife put your name on the list?

Don't know, don't think so, hope not Big Grin but thats why I'm asking about the bill.

At any rate you can remove your own name at any time so...

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
well if it's a public accessible list criminals have a nice lead source...

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I suspect the purpose is to make it easier to run sting operations against gun sellers.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Well frankly I for one am very much behind this. I mean me and myself are perfectly responsible, law abiding firearm owners. I however is a shifty bastard and should probably be put on a list.

I will get right on that. I mean me, myself. Wink

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7623 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I would bet it makes perfect sense to libtards.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16481 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

or some wacky sovereign citizen.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43797 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I guess it makes sense if you have a multiple personality disorder and don't trust the one personality who's a dbag.

(Hey, I tried)

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30284 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
You ever read or hear about a particular crime scheme that was pulled off somewhere and have the thought that you would have to have a 'criminal mind', with no moral compass to have ever thought it up?

This is probably why it only makes sense to Democrats.

Posts: 7227 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
cparktd said
quote:
Apparently if you add your own name to the do not sell list... and them go buy a gun... you are subject to a $1000 fine.

...and deserve to have the word 'Stupid' tattoed on your forehead.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I live here in Tn. and have not heard of this! Eek

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
I live here in Tn. and have not heard of this! Eek

You and me both!

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3506 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post