SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Canadian Huey drops 80-lb lift raft onto Florida home
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canadian Huey drops 80-lb lift raft onto Florida home Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Cover up.

It was a section of alien space craft.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
They had no idea it was happening. They were busy.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
It's time to call in... The Omega Force!

Eek

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Slightly off-track, but a few years back, a German ex-pat who lived on the flight path for one of the London Heathrow runways, like about two million other people, got piss-bombed by a coming-into-to-land aircraft on finals that had, it seems, had a hang-up on one of the toilet flushes. The 45kg iceberg of mixed pee, crap and paper went through the roof of their £1M house like a piss/crap/paper bomb, causing tens of thousands of ££££ of damage.

A couple of things came out of this episode -

1. He'd logged about 250 complaints about low-flying aircraft [at the most air-traffic dense airport on the planet], and

2. the aircraft concerned wore Lufthansa tail paint.

Win/Win.

tac

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tacfoley,

Posts: 11335 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mean while , just two miles north

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54704 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I saw the pics of Luce in the article. Why in the first pic is she being so dramatic; all down cast and forlorn with an ice pack on her shoulder? And why is she crying in the second pic? Crying? Seriously? Okay, stuff happens, no one was killed, the damages will covered by a 1st world gov't, I doubt the ice pack is anything more than a prop. Why are you crying? Who is that delicate? When Mrs DF crashed through the garage door twice, I didn't get all weepy. Geezlouise!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29731 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to be outdone, the US Army made a similar error. This is first I've heard of parachute resupply from helicopters, for multi-engine transports it's old news.

https://www.armytimes.com/news...pus-during-exercise/

Army Black Hawk accidentally drops ‘errant bundle’ on elementary school campus during exercise

A U.S. Army Black Hawk helicopter missed its mark on Thursday, accidentally dropping an equipment bundle onto the campus of an elementary school in Waimanalo, Hawaii.

The equipment bundle was parachuted onto the campus of Waimanalo Elementary and Intermediate School during a training exercise designed to teach soldiers how to deliver equipment by parachute from helicopters.

The 90-pound bundle “missed its intended drop zone on Marine Corps Training Area Bellows and landed on the campus,” according to a press release from the 25th Infantry Division.

It missed the drop zone by 100 to 200 meters, according to Master Sgt. Jason Stadel, a spokesman for the 25th Infantry Division.

The school sent a letter to parents explaining what happened and offered counseling to students who may have been upset by the incident.

“If your child was alarmed by the situation and is in need of counseling support, please notify us,” school principal Noel Richardson wrote.

======================================================================

More about Bellows:

http://www.airfields-freeman.c...I_Oahu_S.htm#bellows

Posts: 15911 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
offered counseling to students who may have been upset by the incident.

Seriously? WTFreak? No wonder we are raising generations of snowflakes!!!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29731 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I saw the pics of Luce in the article. Why in the first pic is she being so dramatic; all down cast and forlorn with an ice pack on her shoulder? And why is she crying in the second pic? Crying? Seriously? Okay, stuff happens, no one was killed, the damages will covered by a 1st world gov't, I doubt the ice pack is anything more than a prop. Why are you crying? Who is that delicate? When Mrs DF crashed through the garage door twice, I didn't get all weepy. Geezlouise!

Well yea, I bet weepy wasn’t your first emotion, especially the second time. Big Grin

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8222 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Canucks in Chinook Chuck Craft into Cupola of Condo

Good one!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Canucks in Chinook Chuck Craft into Cupola of Condo

About the Hawaii incident:

Blackhawk botches bundle at Bellows.

Crew chief catches crap after causing canopy commotion.

Posts: 15911 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post