SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you actually use the gear and preps you buy???
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you actually use the gear and preps you buy??? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Curling is an outstanding passtime, it is like bowling, you get to drink beer while doing it!

I always thought the point of being prepared for the worst was even sweeter if the worst never happens? Just because I have ammo set aside for the zombie rise or Red Dawn scenario, I would be happier to not ever have to open those crates. I do slowly cycle through my end of the world whiskey stock, but I will just buy new MRE's after the ones I have in the cellar expire, no way I am going to eat those unless I have no other choice.

Posts: 1808 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Curling seems lovely, on an Alaskan cruise. Smile

Anyhoo, I am not a Prepper, yet I prepare.

The difference is both suble and enormous at the same time, and applies to most things.

I don't care about LARPing, tribalism, cheerleading, virtue flaunting, or getting wrapped up into alternate Identities. I'm me, a dude that likes and does many things. I'm not a Cyclist, Cross-Fitter, Vegan, etc.z even if you ran into me at some Cross-Fit gym once and I fit right in. It's just clothes/stuff/gear, to me.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I have:
Stuff
Junk

The stuff is stuff I actually use.
The junk is junk I don't use and haven't disposed of, yet.
I seem to, alas, have more junk than stuff.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I have purchased a lot of gear over the years, but only what I figured I would need or need more of.

And I have been gearing-up as a 'gray man,' before it became tacticool.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2844 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The term Gray Man is itself an attempt to make Tactical that which by its very definition and intent is not.

That part makes me laugh. Someone needed a Tacticool term for Not Standing Out.

Woo hoo, they got it down from three words to two. Clearly a paradigm shifting win.

Smile

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Anyhoo, I am not a Prepper, yet I prepare.

The difference is both suble and enormous at the same time

Word.

I'm stealing that.

Posts: 32538 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being prepared varies depending on where you live. Most city people think having an extra can of beefaroni is being a prepper.

If you live out rural-really rural, like most of Montana being prepared is a whole different game.

I have a Decked drawer in the bed of my truck. The left drawer holds everything to keep me alive for a week. Things like sleeping bad, hammock, thermal blankets, fire starters, med kit, extra warm clothes and jackets, towing straps and such.

The right one has all my fly fishing gear including the things that go in my kayak.

I also have an active cargo system , and the side containers have a chainsaw, towing chains, ammo, and a spare AR-15 and other tools like and axe, shovel and hand saw just to get around.

I have a fishing kayak on top.

This type of setup is very common up here. It would probably look ridiculous in a city. Unless you were specifically trying to date hippie chicks and never leave an REI parking lot.

And the only reason why we wear gray or flannel is because you don't ever have to wash it Big Grin

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm about to retire from the Sheriff's office. No longer need any tactical type stuff, it's all gone. Even my duty belt is put away. I have a nifty shoulder bag I can fight out of if I use a rifle, otherwise, it's the pistol and mags on my belt.

Concentrating now on improving my fitness, and my bushcraft. Already do home canning. Planning my garden for next spring.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I see canning and for a brief second I think - why are they beating their children?

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
BDUs? Good lawd, Otto, you were an 'operator'. Smile

I did yeah lol, had that whole idea of walking off into the woods and bugging out or some crap like in books. Then kids came and I realized all that is a fantasy.

Worst part is now I wear the uniform everyday damn day and would much rather put on a pair of jeans!

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6337 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
We live in the country, garden,camp, hunt, and fish. So everything I have, we use!

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Nope.

I keep my emergency stuff prepped and ready to go for emergencies.

Other than training, and daily carry, my guns don't get "used" either.

I have a separate set of camping stuff.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post