SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Bet You Ain't Never Seen A Police Chase With Landfill Machines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Bet You Ain't Never Seen A Police Chase With Landfill Machines Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
Cue Benny Hill music.....

Successful PIT maneuver at 1:38. Yes a PIT maneuver.

Trooper Byrd would have done this at 130mph.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
So who was driving the, err, pursuit tractor?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16349 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Heck of a pit! That had to be hilarious and scary at the same time.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Did the captain make the other driver do the pursuit report? Hahahha

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11279 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Driver is lucky that pursuit was ended via PIT maneuver rather than a 308 to the noggin.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Lucky they had the other loader to stop the first one. No way the cop where stopping it unless they shot the guy and then you risk that it keeps going and hits something.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16398 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Flash back to the ole KillDozer!

Love the trash truck trying to box it in.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8851 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Flash back to the ole KillDozer!

That dude ain't got nothin' on old Marvin Heemeyer!

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That a new one.

Posts: 24 | Location: Prattville, AL | Registered: December 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
1) Aren't those referred to as 'front end loaders'? Calling it a 'tractor' seems....inaccurate. LOL Other cops be looking for a Deere or Mahindra and this thing pulls out. Big Grin

2) I'm assuming one of the work crew was driving the other loader, with a LEO copilot??

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
That's something you don't see every day....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Trooper Byrd would have done this at 130mph.

He is the star of that channel, and for good reason. Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I miss my Tonka toys.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Tonights Evening news (cannot remember if local or national) reported "Bulldozer"... Not a large front end loader / earth mover.... Showed same video as this post................................................ drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
This was like watching a couple tortoises fighting over a mate.

The victor got to mount the garbage truck.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
I miss my Tonka toys.

Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the construction battles in China:

https://youtu.be/6JGCyv1UcUc?si=keFqF6dT54RdIwh5

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
This was like watching a couple tortoises fighting over a mate.

The victor got to mount the garbage truck.

I was watching a video by a wildlife rehabber a few weeks ago, and it turns out the video got demonitized because two tortoises were doing the deed in one shot, and you could see some turtle penis. This doesn’t really have anything to do with heavy equipment fights, but it isn’t every day you hear people talking about turtle coitus so I took the opportunity to share!

- Bret

Posts: 2465 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's always the Tank Chase in California years ago.

https://youtu.be/Q6UBW0wrB18?si=Mk7FEfgerzbidywi

Every once in a while, there's this "What do I gotta do? Why did I sign up for this" moment.

Theses are probably some of them.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post