SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommend holiday treat or specialty food
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend holiday treat or specialty food Login/Join 
posted
I’m looking to send some food love to relatives this holiday season and requesting ideas for something other than Harry and David boxes, but of that theme. Please recommend your favorite product or companies that will deliver.

I’ll throw out the Povitica from Strawberry Hill baking co. Lots of flavors and very good.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
The famous fruit cake from Collin Street Baker in Corsicana, Texas

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Claxton Fruit Cake
https://www.claxtonfruitcake.com/

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
See's Candy

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Swiss Colony Petits Fours make excellent gifts, as does almost anything from See's. Smile

In case you're not familiar, Petits Forurs are essentially tiny layer cakes encased in frosting...like this Smile

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
The famous fruit cake from Collin Street Baker in Corsicana, Texas

As a native Texan I have to agree.

That said I discovered Assumption Abbey fruitcakes while we lived in MO (not all that far from where they’re produced) and will say they’re every bit as good as Collin St.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
See's Candy

+1 on this suggestion. Great quality and gift options.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have been using Goldbelly, they can send all kinds of food and sweets.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Citrus from Hale Groves.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
They like spicy? Send them boudin. https://www.beststopinscott.com/

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
See's Candy

+1 on this suggestion. Great quality and gift options.

Jim

+2 - See's
Shipping is discounted now for Christmas. Or Free if you order enough.

https://winred.com/ <<--Support the cause.

Posts: 171 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
A nice tin of homemade peanut brittle. I got some for Christmas one year that was made with jalapeño flavored peanuts. It was larruping good.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well ScooterX you are within road trip distance for my suggestion. I believe they ship their goods as well, but need to verify.

One of my best friends brothers own/owned the Supreme Bakery in Springfield, MO. They are famous for their Kringles. These things are some of the best pastries I have ever eaten. My buddy would get 1 of each flavor from his brother around the holidays. Oh man they were so good.

Here is a link to their Facebook page if interested: Supreme Bakery - Kringle and other awesome pastries.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out BUTTERMAIDBAKERY.COM Awesome good stuff!

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Nodines Smokehouse has some great stuff. It's somewhat local for me so I drive up there, but they do business online.

http://www.nodinesmokehouse.com/

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nuts.com has a great selection of snacks, nuts, and gift items. Shipping costs aren’t bad. Everything I’ve gotten from them was really good.

-------------------
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round.

Posts: 1107 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
O H Danish Kringle

Snake River Farm steaks

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
The butter roasted pecans from Golden Kernel in Cameron, SC, are excellent. We have a client who sends our office a bucket of pecans every Christmas.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://mountainamericajerky.com/

Posts: 588 | Location: Missouri | Registered: September 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post