SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sheriff Grady Judd, suspect "graveyard dead" after gunfight with police
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sheriff Grady Judd, suspect "graveyard dead" after gunfight with police Login/Join 
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted
Article

Gotta love Grady, another waste bites the dust.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4364 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Judd said Martinez had 16 previous felony arrests and 13 previous misdemeanor arrests, including spending time in state prison.

Fer shits sake and he's (was) out in public..... Meth head POS picked the wrong county to pull that stuff...

Posts: 23593 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
"... as you can imagine, when you shoot at a SWAT team it doesn't end well, and we shot Raymond a lot"

Now there are some words to live by. Quote of the day that Raymond got a tad too late.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38006 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Bless this man. May he keep on his same path, with an overabundance of success. Appreciate his humor as well.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6987 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Would have been great if Sheriff Judd had said something like, “Yeah…we killified him real good.” Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Raymond Martinez was kilt.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
'When he started shooting, we started shooting. When he stopped shooting, we were still shooting.' That's good...this guy might write movie dialogue when he retires.

Posts: 1977 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The perp has 16 felony arrests. Sounds like he was an Eagle Scout at one point.

P229

Posts: 3847 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Wait a second here. An arrest isn't a conviction. I don't believe one equals the other.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I live in Polk County and Grady Judd is my sheriff. He has been my sheriff for as long as I can remember.
He is a really nice guy.
He new the owner of the gun shop I used to work at and one day he stopped by to talk to him. We got a chance to take pictures with him and the funny thing I remember from all that was I was standing net to him wearing a gun. Something you would not see back where I was from in NJ.

When I was going to our local NRA dinners he would give the opening prayer then a nice speech.
He would let the local chapter do a fundraiser called a day with Grady and they would auction it off. In some cases it would raise over $1000 dollars and the winner got to spend the whole day with him from the time he started his day till it was over.

I remember years ago after a suspect had killed a Polk county sheriff and his K9 they eventually caught up with the suspect and he was killed in a gun fight.
I remember during a news conference a reporter asked why they shot him 68 time a and Grady's response was something like "because we ran out of bullets"
I even had the T shirt at one time.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2579 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How can you not respect that guy? His oratory skills are just icing on the cake.

Posts: 68 | Registered: June 25, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
The Polk County Sheriff's Dept. did the world a favor.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
“We can’t even count all the rounds we shot back at him,” Judd said.

“When he started shooting, we started shooting,” Judd said. “When he stopped shooting, we were still shooting.”

"25-year-old Polk County Deputy Sheriff Samuel Yates was shot in the shoulder during the gunfight"

Hmmmmmm ...

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15911 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Grady is a tickle.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Nice to hear. I own a 1-acre build lot in Orlando Pines. I've never seen it and it may be swampland. At least they have a good Sheriff there.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
This content is not available in your country/region.

Well, darnit.

So I went looking on YT - here it is for any other furriners here.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1b3p_t6Tko

My kind of sheriff.

Posts: 11340 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post