SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How many made it 50+ and still had or have good eyesight - no glasses
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many made it 50+ and still had or have good eyesight - no glasses Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Distance is just fine at 63, but up close I need 2.5 readers and sometimes a good flashlight. Hell, just more to carry around.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
69 years old with 20:20 in my left and 20:25 in my right; both were 20:20 til about 65. Near vision is still great; no glasses or cheaters.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Readers and better lighting around 60 especially for fine/small print. T2 Diabetic about the same time. 67 now and eye doctor says he doesn't know why things are staying this good, but don't change anything I'm doing!

I had my patience tested... I'm negative.

Posts: 84 | Registered: July 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
I am 65, soon to be 66. I have worn glasses since I was 18. The last two visits to the Optometrist I experienced an improvement in my vision, I am attributing it to skeet shooting (and am sticking by that). I still wear glasses, contacts and I are not good together.

While I would love to have 20/20, I am grateful to live in a time that optics get me there.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 721 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
71 here and Rx is between -.50 and -.75 for distance. I seldom wear distance glasses.
But I definitely need a lens for reading and seeing the front sight.
And there is a slight bit of astigmatism

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6322 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I "technically" don't need my glasses.

But at my last eye exam (I turned 50 this year)my optometrist said she recommended the glasses, mostly for reading.

"You'll find that you wear your glasses more than just reading."

She was right.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
55 begore I needed reading glasses.

71 before I started wearing driving glasses for other than short trips.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I was fine until about 54 then needed 1x readers I’m now 58 and need 2x. Pretty much all my friends of similar age need readers. Loving my RMRs these days.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did, 57 now, need readers for my computer job. I still shoot 200 yards with irons, need to find out if I can still do 300 yards with irons.

I do have prescription sunglasses but I only use them for long driving trips. I don't care for them when I'm mountain biking.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
67 here and just use readers 1.25. For distance all the women look great but then again I have been told you better put on some glasses and look again.

Posts: 5310 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
70 and no glasses.

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
They told me I would go blind if I didn't stop.

Shows how much they know, the dummies.

Zeus and I laugh about it all the time.

Gorgeous dog V-Tail.

I'm just 50 and have 20/20 vision but I do need readers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5914 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
74 years old--no glasses ever. Sharp vision near and far. Lucky.

Tim

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 689 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Got my glasses in 4th grade (about 9 yr old?), bifocals for at least 25 yrs. As I approach 70, in about 6 months, I am just happy that I can get glasses to be able to see!

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4139 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
53 tomorrow and all I need are readers for fine print.
I'm lucky. Not bald either although I keep a high and tight.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I didn't make it out of the 3rd grade without needing glasses. Razz

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6425 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post