SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anoyone Else Just Plain Like Baseball?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anoyone Else Just Plain Like Baseball? Login/Join 
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
I love a baseball game in person. A baseball game on TV is pretty good but I find that is easy to get distracted away from it.

Looking forward to this World Series.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
That game last night was like a heavy weight boxing match, both teams throwing punches( home runs) into the 11th inning. Wow, what a game and the 'Stros are coming back to Houston with Mo on their side.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
That was some game, wasn’t it?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh hells yeah!!! By the 7th inning, my brother and I were texting each other just about after every pitch!!

Though I haven't put a glove on in YEARS, I enjoyed playing the game. Dad and big brother played as well with better success.

It was a joke some years ago when the Astros sucked.....
What do the Houston Astros have in common with Michael Jackson?

They wear a glove on one hand for no apparent reason.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I was sitting on the deck at hunting camp with a couple of buddies drinking beer and live streaming it on the computer. The deer must think a troop of monkeys moved into the woods from all of the carrying on last night.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh hells yeah!!! By the 7th inning, my brother and I were texting each other just about after every pitch!!

Though I haven't put a glove on in YEARS, I enjoyed playing the game. Dad and big brother played as well with better success.

It was a joke some years ago when the Astros sucked.....
What do the Houston Astros have in common with Michael Jackson?

They wear a glove on one hand for no apparent reason.

Actually, that was most often heard referring to the Dodgers, at least where I was, back then.

It was funny to see Steve Garvey out there yesterday, interviewed in TV, the father of his clubhouse. What a self promoting buffoon!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
its pretty darn ok,

but the money a lot of those folks make ,kinda sticks in my craw.

should be that first year rookie players get
______ to play all nine innings
______ to hit a single
_______to hit a single w/ 1 rbi
_______to hit a single w/ 2 rbi's
_______ to hit a single w/3 rbi's
______ to hit a double
______ double w/ 1 rbi
______ double w/ 2 rbi's
______ double with 3 rbi's
and so on and so forth

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55170 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
its pretty darn ok,

but the money a lot of those folks make ,kinda sticks in my craw.

should be that first year rookie players get
______ to play all nine innings
______ to hit a single
_______to hit a single w/ 1 rbi
_______to hit a single w/ 2 rbi's
_______ to hit a single w/3 rbi's
______ to hit a double
______ double w/ 1 rbi
______ double w/ 2 rbi's
______ double with 3 rbi's
and so on and so forth

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, and when I hear Vin Scully talk I am 12 years old again. Watching baseball with my Grandpa, a WWII vet, and all is right with the world. There is nothing like baseball.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
I like baseball.... probably because I enjoy the cranial sports much more than I do the gladiatorial ones.

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Girls softball is also a surprisingly good show. Much faster rate of play.

Posts: 5902 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post