SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    anyone liking J.Dean breakfast bowls?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone liking J.Dean breakfast bowls? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm just impressed that he's back from the dead and doing commercials again. No mean feat!

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Oh yes!

Prefer to make my own of course but only have time for that on the weekends.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
In the 4-5 minutes it takes to microwave one of these, you can scramble some eggs and cook them yourself. If you want to fancy that up, toss in some diced meat and/or veggies, and sprinkle on some grated cheese and hot sauce.

Just as easy. Tastes better. Healthier (thanks to a lot less salt, oil, and preservatives). And significantly cheaper.

Then you have all those dishes to clean. Wink

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love them - have one daily for breakfast. I like that it has potatoes in it. If I was going to cook everything in the bowl on a daily basis it'd take over 20 min (egg, sausage, potato, bacon - never mind the ones with ok sausage gravy).

When I make a big breakfast on the weekend I always make extra so I can make my own 'bowls' during the week, but I don't have time to make a big breakfast every weekend so JD or Aldi bowls are my go to. The Aldi ones are half the price and taste like they have less salt.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1745 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1 bowl = 50% of the daily sodium requirement Eek

so I eat fruits and veggies for the rest of the day , and or a salad

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since having a stroke and being unable to see and drive, my daughter has become my shopper and provider and she keeps me well stocked with the Jimmy Dean turkey sausage and egg item. Would be nice if it were pork, but what the hell? I find it nice just to be able to go to the freezer and find something to eat. Roll Eyes

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The sausage gravy and biscuit is pretty good,
if'n ya like that kinda food, no its not mommas
but then again, it just takes a minute or two.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I may give them a try out of convenience, but I typically don't like eggs unless they're freshly cooked. The potatoes, sausage, bacon and cheese all sound good though.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
The sausage gravy and biscuit is pretty good,
if'n ya like that kinda food, no its not mommas
but then again, it just takes a minute or two.
I might have to look into that one (if there is no cheese)--I like biscuits and gravy (sometimes get it at Waffle House as a change from my usual waffle supper there).

beancooker, I have hated cheese all my life, and other related items: sour cream, buttermilk, and yogurt--the process that makes them produces some chemicals that I seem especially sensitive to, taste-wise, and I simply don't like them. I'm fine with milk and ice cream--not lactose intolerant--just don't like the taste of cheese. (I'm not a real fan of pasta, either, but I can tolerate it.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
to have cheese (which I despise).

flsahguy

What?!?!
You hate cheese?
What is wrong with you!!!
If cheese and pasta were no longer available, I would die.

I never criticize folks for what they like, or dislike. We’re all wired differently – there’s no accounting for taste. Many folks think Marmite is flat-out weird, but many others, including me, like it. I’ll be having some this evening spread on fresh-baked cornbread.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I like the JD breakfast sandwiches. I bought 2 boxes at Costco today.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Granddaughter likes them. I've only found one in the freezer one time.

It was good. I liked it. I look forward to possibly finding another someday.

Posts: 1345 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
No cheese on the sausage n gravey

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
I’m a fan of the Jimmy Dean Scramblers. Combo of eggs, cheese, and sausage/bacon (trying to lay off carbs). Takes about 2 minutes to prepare.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I like them for a quick breakfast. I just add a little Texas Pete and I'm good to go. I like it much better than cereal.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
In the 4-5 minutes it takes to microwave one of these, you can scramble some eggs and cook them yourself. If you want to fancy that up, toss in some diced meat and/or veggies, and sprinkle on some grated cheese and hot sauce.

portion control helps me out a lot.

I won't be dicing a quarter cup of potato's, it's all or nothing.

nor will I dice two strips of cooked bacon,
more like 4 or 5.

one egg , I can do or a smallish pile of fresh shredded cheddar.

but not a quarter cup of sausage, more like a pound gets cooked up.

so instead of a cup of a meal ,I get 3 1/2 cups.

I will end up eating 2 1/2 cups , w/o so much as a second thought.

the J.D. bowl takes all the temptation away .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post