SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommend an expresso maker **bought a Nespresso**
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend an expresso maker **bought a Nespresso** Login/Join 
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Whatever.

Year V

Posts: 2632 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another Nespresso user here. We are happy with it, does a good job with steaming the milk and making foam, had been trouble free.

Posts: 551 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Whatever.

I tried googling that brand and couldn’t find much. Care to elaborate!!

Posts: 5419 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kho:
Another Nespresso user here. We are happy with it, does a good job with steaming the milk and making foam, had been trouble free.

I’m not a coffee aficionado so I’m hoping I could get away with the nespresso.

Question: can the nespresso make espresso and regular coffee to replace the Kurig we use for company.

Posts: 5419 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Whatever.

I tried googling that brand and couldn’t find much. Care to elaborate!!

Moka Pot.

Posts: 4987 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Question: can the nespresso make espresso and regular coffee to replace the Kurig we use for company.

Sort of.

Nespresso makes two lines of pods that are NOT interchangeable. The original Nespresso use these little pods that are really only good for making an espresso sized bit of coffee. Their newer Vertuo line uses larger pods that allows the manufacturer to program in (via barcode printed on the pod) different brewing parameters. Some of those pods are designed to create a full cup of coffee or taller coffee drinks. For example, various Vertuo pods make 1.35 oz single espresso, 2.7 oz single espresso, 7.77 oz coffees, or 18oz carafes. Pods are priced differently according to the volume of beverage produced.

So, for your use, the Nespresso Vertuo compatible machine would also make you straight coffee from a pod. Much like your Kuerig.

Allowing for the fact that I am no coffee afficionado, my understanding is that Nespresso positions their pod machines as a premium product. It's not "real" espresso, but it's actually not half bad. Way better than anything coming out of a Keurig. But, it's priced accordingly, roughly around $1.25 a pod to use.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
My Delonghi Dedica is on it's 4th year. When the descaling warning comes on, I don't ignore it for long. It's price has exploded so that's probably a no-go. A moka pot is obligitory in any decent kitchen of a coffee drinker. The trick is low temperature brewing. So, if not a Dedica, perhaps some similar. Browsing Amazon I saw this one. Worth a shot maybe. Happy brewing.

Limited-time deal: Espresso Machine Laekerrt 20 Bar Espresso Maker with Milk Frother Steam Wand, Professional Espresso Coffee Machine for Cappuccino and Latte (Navy Blue) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097...EPPH08PDTP5N5AVF4FJP

Posts: 3522 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Instant Pot makes one that does both K cups and nespresso pods.

https://www.amazon.com/FDM-Ins...-1363202427734&psc=1

Posts: 4987 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
My in laws have a Vertuo machine (Costco sale a couple years back), and I will say the convenience factor is really nice.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m going to try the nespresso. Ordered one from bed bath & beyond. 20% off coupon and shipped to my door for $180. Worth a shot plus the store has a nice return policy.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m going to try the nespresso. Ordered one from bed bath & beyond. 20% off coupon and shipped to my door for $180. Worth a shot plus the store has a nice return policy.

I’ve found using 1.5oz espresso cups offer the best flavor.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a good experience with Breville customer service.
Last year we bought ourselves an Oracle Touch. Big price- yep, but it makes several kinds of great coffee. We mostly used it for lattes. Quite a few every week. About 2-3 weeks ago, the built in grinder started making ratcheting noises like the clutch on a screw gun. I tried cleaning the grinder/burrs, but it was locked up. Called Breville CS, they tried to walk me thru getting it apart, but no dice.
They sent a shipping label and I took it to UPS to be fixed or replaced. LSS, today we received a brand new in the box Oracle Touch. I don't know if they are the best, but this brand has worked great for us until it didn't. And then Breville stood behind their product.

Posts: 3597 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23466 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ended up buying a Nespresso Venturo. I have to say I’m pretty happy. The convenience factor is worth the extra costs of the pods.

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Just fyi. I didn’t care for the nespresso pods. I have the original line. I’ve been buying Peets pods. For me, espresso is better and cheaper especially on sale. Costco has them but I just like the brown out black pods.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12726 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's another vote for the Nespresso vertuo, I like the coffee options and it's super convenient.

HRK, thanks for that blast from the past! It has to have been 50+ years since I've seen that commercial and I knew before turning the volume up exactly what sound was being made during the percolating! Can't remember anything important, but somehow that sound was safely locked away in my brain!

Posts: 43 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: May 31, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
HRK, your "percolator" post jogged my memory of like tunes. See my "popcorn" post here:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/4980051194

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16225 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ended up buying a Nespresso Venturo. I have to say I’m pretty happy. The convenience factor is worth the extra costs of the pods.

I'm a pro at spending other people's money.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
HRK, thanks for that blast from the past! It has to have been 50+ years since I've seen that commercial and I knew before turning the volume up exactly what sound was being made during the percolating! Can't remember anything important, but somehow that sound was safely locked away in my brain!

Both my grandparents had percolators, the coffee smell was fantastic and I remember watching it as a kid. My Grandfather had coffee every morning noon and night. He'd come home for lunch every day, and have a hot cup of coffee with it, didn't matter if it was 20 or 95 degrees outside .

Posts: 23466 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post