SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gunbroker Pay for individual sellers?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunbroker Pay for individual sellers? Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
I don't sell a lot on GB but I've noticed a clear trend where accepting a credit card yields higher results. Gunbroker added a service awhile back...Gunbroker Pay for those who don't already have a CC processor. Given all the BS around DOJ putting pressure on banks a few years ago, it's no surprise it's not easy to use Square or similar service.

So...going down the rabbit hole tonight on GB Pay. They use Bitrail.io is the payment processor and Yodlee for account verification. Bitrail's website looks sketchy....form site and not everything completed.

Here's the catch (and its the same with services like CashApp). They don't use ACH for electronic funds transfer (EFT), they expect you to share your bank account username/login and password. As in...put in all your info into the Bitrail.io interface and it accesses your account through machine to machine process.

I'm tempted to open up a burner bank account somewhere vs. the main ones we use (I can then transfer from the burner account into one I care about using different credentials). Anybody have any experience here? I had about $3k exfiltrated from my main account about 18mos ago due to ACH fraud (it was recovered) so I'm uber-cautious here.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anytime it comes to money it pays to be careful. I would not trust the payment process you describe.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they're going to require your SSN in 2022 in case your sales exceed $600? Because of a provision of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, both eBay and PayPal are demanding your SSN in order for you to continue selling or receiving funds.

Bye.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
the state of Virginia already enacted that about two years back, so, it's already here for me.

By entering a phone number and using Yodlee, they verify your identity and address with last four of SSN as confirmation.

posted Hide Post
A lot of scams come from .io. Personally I would be leery.

-c1steve

Posts: 4055 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
that's not really an indication. .io is a new top-level domain several years back so new address space available. I worked for a company where we used .io until we could secure the corresponding .com domain.