SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help identify this gun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help identify this gun Login/Join 
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted
Help, my curiosity is killing me. I watched Liam Neeson's Marlowe last night. It's supposed to be some type of neo noir film, but the gun seems to be out of place. It shows up at about the 1:34 range and Diane Kruger is about to waste a guy. I at first thought PPK, but quickly ruled that out.

I'm inept when it comes to posting pictures and the best I can do is the link below.

https://images.app.goo.gl/cncmRnAFwCoFPccd9

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2097 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going with HK USP Compact two tone. Final answer. Big Grin

Posts: 206 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I thought Desert Eagle, but the caliber is too small.

Posts: 20212 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1601 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Baby eagle or Jericho 941?

Posts: 5000 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Alex, I'm going to go with JAG Precision discontinued AIRSOFT models for two-hundred.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11006 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Made up toy.

Q

Posts: 26780 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
A.I.

Posts: 4076 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find it surprising that pro-gun folks support Liam Neeson, who is as anti-gun as anyone out there. He's such a hypocrite because he makes his living pretending to be an expert with firearms. Speaking for myself, I won't spend a nickle on any the hypocrite's work.

https://thefederalist.com/2019...ovies-not-real-life/

Posts: 1933 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
I find it surprising that pro-gun folks support Liam Neeson, who is as anti-gun as anyone out there.

After the OP, there were 7 posts before yours, with none displaying any evidence of supporting this SOB. Wink

Q

Posts: 26780 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Apparently Marlowe was being filmed around the same time Baldwin had his incident while filming. It freaked Diane Kruger out who subsequently refused to handle an actual firearm so the prop master made this one up.

Posts: 13837 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
For Fuck's sake. These people should not make a damned single fake red cent portraying persons using firearms in any form or fashion.

If they fear guns, go hide in a cave, safe from those of us who dare live in the open without fear of this thing called life.

Why, back in my day if we didn't like something, we ate fresh dog turds, to take our mind's off the shit we liked even less.

We used to smash our testicle's in our grandfather vice in the garage, or licked the hot cigarette lighter after holdding it in for two minutes while sitting in his Buick Roadmaster, and sometimes we licked the egg beaters while the mixer was running...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44059 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry if I ruffled some feathers out there.

I'm not a Liam Neeson fan by any means, but I was bored the other night surfing through Prime and I decided to watch Marlowe. Typical Neeson movie, but the gun looked odd and piqued my curiosity.

I agree with the "prop toy" posts. In my OP I initially thought PPK and in brief flashes of the gun in later scenes I saw hints of Sig 230/232. So I suspect the prop was based on one of those.

Thanks to all of you who tried to help me out on this.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2097 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
*****Spoiler Alert*****

*****Spoiler Alert*****

While Neeson's display of a "particular set of skills" in Taken was perhaps entertaining, his portrayal of a hard boiled, 1930's gumshoe in Marlowe left much to be desired.

Posts: 3512 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I get that some people may feel so strongly about an actor's political beliefs that they will avoid all of his/her work. However, I have adopted a more practical position. If you were to tailor all of your consumption to avoid all contrary beliefs of those involved, you would most likely be unable to purchase anything.

Liam Neesom is a super douche when it comes to guns. However, there is still merit in watching Schindler's List. Tim Robbins may be a prick, but Shawshank Redemption is still one of my favorite films. George Lucas donated to the Obama campaign, but I'm still going to love Star Wars 1977. It's just not possible to avoid all interaction with those with whom you disagree.

I suppose I'll have to stop giving my wife grief about shopping at Target. To be consistent.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8232 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
I actually watched that movie.

First off, to anyone who has not seen it, don't waste your time.

I remember thinking that they were using guns from the toy store.

It was filmed in Spain, and Ireland (interiors). They might not have had access to real guns.

Posts: 631 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lechiffre:
It was filmed in Spain, and Ireland (interiors). They might not have had access to real guns.

Mystery solved, then.

Posts: 8651 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The photo of the woman? The small bore and seam at the bottom of the slide says pellet gun or air soft to me.

Posts: 21168 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post