SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man pulls gun on Black Lives Matter protesters at District Attorney Jackie Lacey’s home in Los Angeles
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man pulls gun on Black Lives Matter protesters at District Attorney Jackie Lacey’s home in Los Angeles Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
It is a shame that you cant protect what you have worked to own. Given that defense of property with force is illegal, I would have called the cops, then sat patiently inside cradling my shotgun.
I believe defense of property with force is legal after dark in Texas.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Be sure you read that statute, and the last couple of cases where people relied on that law. There's more to it than "after dark".

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
LA is very anti-gun so the money says he's going to be charged.

The safest place to be when an unruly crowd shows up before dawn is to stay inside, call the cops and let them handle it.

The video might have been edited or other things happened that aren't shown but if any Ordinary Joe did that they'd be arrested and charged for brandishing, among other things.

I wonder if he has a CCW and if so, will the permit get revoked?

Hi wife is the DA Wink

Plus, all this happened around 5:30 am (0530 for us military pukes Big Grin)

Yeah but no. He will be charged.

There was no immediate threat to his life and he was just annoyed as fuck with them. I have no doubts that it wasn't a peaceful knock and announce or meet and greet since and there's no good reason why they needt to be camped outside at 5:30 AM.

I think the BLM people instigated this just to get Lacey to quit to get a more black friendly DA. No doubt about that aka Kim Foxx.

FWIW: Jackie Lacy has been a pretty good DA since she was endorsed by and won the seat of her (Republican) predecessor. I believe she may even be a Republican herself. In any case, her opponent for the office (George Gascon) is the former San Francisco DA, a total Leftist POS (even though he was an LAPD manager) and is funded by George Soros. That election is taking place today and for either to win, he or she needs a majority of the vote. A third party (former Public Defender) is also running and if neither of the three get a majority, the two with the most votes will get a runoff election in November. Care to guess who the BLM crew that showed up at Lacy's home at 5:30 AM are supporting??? Roll Eyes

Since there's an vehemently anti-gun City Attorney in office (for misdemeanor violations committed in the City of Los Angeles where I believe this occurred), a charge of "Brandishing a Firearm in a Rude-Threatening Manner" could be filed in the future. Any possible felony charges (such as "Assault with a Deadly Weapon-Firearm") would have to be filed and prosecuted by the State Attorney General's Office, since the Los Angeles District Attorney (Lacy) obviously has a conflict of interest in the matter.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10208 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by F12517:...If he doesn't like them being there his wife can always go meet with them....that's all they wanted. Roll Eyes

I don't give a rat's ass to what office any elected or appointed official occupies, not their political affiliation. If people have a grievance or desire to meet and discuss, confront or hand them a cookie, then do it within the hours of business at the place from where they work.

If one does find a reason to pay a visit to the home, then do so at a normal and reasonable hour, and in a number of people that would be regarded appropriate of people of common decency.

I find this modern-day of "I can do what I want, and deal with no negative consequences", crap most tiresome.

But "Pitchforks and torches" are for storming castles with monsters.

Leave people alone in their personal lives.

Leave
Them
The
Fuck
Alone

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43912 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by F12517:...If he doesn't like them being there his wife can always go meet with them....that's all they wanted. Roll Eyes

I don't give a rat's ass to what office any elected or appointed official occupies, not their political affiliation. If people have a grievance or desire to meet and discuss, confront or hand them a cookie, then do it within the hours of business at the place from where they work.

If one does find a reason to pay a visit to the home, then do so at a normal and reasonable hour, and in a number of people that would be regarded appropriate of people of common decency.

I find this modern-day of "I can do what I want, and deal with no negative consequences", crap most tiresome.

But "Pitchforks and torches" are for storming castles with monsters.

Leave people alone in their personal lives.

Leave
Them
The
Fuck
Alone

Monkey...I think you missed the sarcasm part of my post you quoted along with the rolling eyes emoji. I was not seriously suggesting that she go out there and meet with them. I feel bad for her and her husband. But I’m familiar with California law and if Joe Schmoo had done that he’d have left there in cuffs.

Also want to clarify that in no way do I agree with our shitty state laws, but the husband as a gun owner should’ve known the laws. Him opening the door was hella stupid and doing it with a gun in his hand was over the top dumb. Sadly Cali doesn’t allow for the defense of property. Only your life...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: F12517,

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Too many cameras, not enough guns..

Posts: 13818 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by F12517:...
Monkey...I think you missed the sarcasm part of my post you quoted along with the rolling eyes emoji....

I did. Smile

But, in order to not waste a good poo flinging, my rant is directed at those who would actually say what you said, with intent.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43912 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
This works without me even drawing my gun.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by F12517:...
Monkey...I think you missed the sarcasm part of my post you quoted along with the rolling eyes emoji....

I did. Smile

But, in order to not waste a good poo flinging, my rant is directed at those who would actually say what you said, with intent.

Lolz...Fair enough

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post