SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man pulls gun on Black Lives Matter protesters at District Attorney Jackie Lacey’s home in Los Angeles
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man pulls gun on Black Lives Matter protesters at District Attorney Jackie Lacey’s home in Los Angeles Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
LA is very anti-gun so the money says he's going to be charged.

The safest place to be when an unruly crowd shows up before dawn is to stay inside, call the cops and let them handle it.

The video might have been edited or other things happened that aren't shown but if any Ordinary Joe did that they'd be arrested and charged for brandishing, among other things.

I wonder if he has a CCW and if so, will the permit get revoked?

Hi wife is the DA Wink

Plus, all this happened around 5:30 am (0530 for us military pukes Big Grin)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Needs a Garand, not a Glock, though as predicted he did buy a Glock.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31463 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Given the quiet, serene, peaceful, nonviolent, almost cuddly nature of most BLM protests, I can't imagine how a person would feel threatened when they show up at your home at 0530.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37991 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I love it. Black Lives Matters is protesting people who are living black lives that matter.

Oy, you really need a program to keep up with the players on this one.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12794 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
LA is very anti-gun so the money says he's going to be charged.

The safest place to be when an unruly crowd shows up before dawn is to stay inside, call the cops and let them handle it.

The video might have been edited or other things happened that aren't shown but if any Ordinary Joe did that they'd be arrested and charged for brandishing, among other things.

I wonder if he has a CCW and if so, will the permit get revoked?

Hi wife is the DA Wink

Plus, all this happened around 5:30 am (0530 for us military pukes Big Grin)

Yeah but no. He will be charged.

There was no immediate threat to his life and he was just annoyed as fuck with them. I have no doubts that it wasn't a peaceful knock and announce or meet and greet since and there's no good reason why they needt to be camped outside at 5:30 AM.

I think the BLM people instigated this just to get Lacey to quit to get a more black friendly DA. No doubt about that aka Kim Foxx.

Posts: 4085 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Seems like a reasonable reaction if you have a mob on your sidewalk screaming at you and a group approaches your front door. Isn't BLMs signature move smashing doors/windows then burning down the place?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20836 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. Dude has a bunch of human waste trespassing on his property at 5am in the morning and then a group comes up and bangs on the front door. The good college professor and her thug associates better thank whatever god they believe in they didn't do that in Florida. It would have resulted in...

One - 'Bang', 'Bang', 'Bang'
Two - "Officer I was in fear for my life."
Three - Case dismissed.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Bad tactics.....dumb move unless you are actually planning on engaging the trash.

If so a handgun is a bad choice, blunderbuss loaded with nails would be better Big Grin

Better go to 2nd story, better fields of fire.

Y'all have range cards taped up by your windows...right Wink

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a shame that you cant protect what you have worked to own. Given that defense of property with force is illegal, I would have called the cops, then sat patiently inside cradling my shotgun.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I would have called the cops, then sat patiently inside cradling my shotgun.

Exactly what I told my wife when this story aired on the evening news. She asked why he couldn't just shoot the protesters.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 720 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPWAMike0317:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I would have called the cops, then sat patiently inside cradling my shotgun.

Exactly what I told my wife when this story aired on the evening news. She asked why he couldn't just shoot the protesters.

Did you explain to her, he could have opened the door and told them, "Cross this line? :-)?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p220cop
posted Hide Post
BLM = Domestic Terrorists. That homeowner should have been armed with a "Gauge."

Chaos, panic and disorder. My work here is done........

Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I'm an amazing beautiful soul. Another person will say I'm a cold-hearted asshole. Believe them both. I act accordingly......

Posts: 145 | Registered: June 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The DA gave a decent press conference soon afterward. The radio press guy said he had never show such personal emotion. She claims to have been hounded by this group for months. She stated that it was wearing on her family to be harassed and threatened by these pukes.

She said another agency will investigate and press charges if necessary. My guess is that they’ll bring up charges but will plead to lesser charges.

Poor timing to happen on the eve of Super Tuesday. Her opponents on the progressive DA types wanting to empty the jails.

P229

Posts: 3841 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
The DA gave a decent press conference soon afterward. The radio press guy said he had never show such personal emotion. She claims to have been hounded by this group for months. She stated that it was wearing on her family to be harassed and threatened by these pukes.

She said another agency will investigate and press charges if necessary. My guess is that they’ll bring up charges but will plead to lesser charges.

Poor timing to happen on the eve of Super Tuesday. Her opponents on the progressive DA types wanting to empty the jails.

The DA says months but these BLM terrorists claim it's been years.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

NBC showed the video and then compared it to Clint Eastwood's movie...Get off my Lawn. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
... according to Melina Abdullah, a Black Lives Matter organizer and Cal State L.A. professor ...

This person is a liberal arts professor whose major and/or area of "teaching" ends in the word "studies". I don't bet, but I would bet on this being true.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And now you know why I left California.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by F12517:
This will be interesting to watch if he's charged. As a resident of California I'm not aware of any law that allows him to brandish a firearm when there is no perceived threat. Trespassing on one's lawn doesn't cut it here. Anyone else and this guy would be in cuffs....

Really? The wife is the county DA. Who brings charges in that county? They are almost certainly Dimocrats. He’s black. Any of those three things might be enough to get him off the hook. Put the three together and anyone asking why he hasn’t been arrested is far more likely to see the ugly side of the legal system than he is.

My point exactly....

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Originally posted by F12517:
This will be interesting to watch if he's charged. As a resident of California I'm not aware of any law that allows him to brandish a firearm when there is no perceived threat. Trespassing on one's lawn doesn't cut it here. Anyone else and this guy would be in cuffs....

Is everyone is Kommiefornia a pussy?
A mob approaching you on your property with bad intentions is plenty justification in my mind ... and Texas for sure. Eek

A mob out front...or legal right to assemble and protest. News says 3 people approached his door. Based on this California law doesn't support brandishing a gun. At such point they tried to enter the house, then he would have the right to use deadly force. But he's the one who opened the door. If this was a white dude, the cops would've arrested him on the spot. And yes, this state has made us a bunch of pussies. If he doesn't like them being there his wife can always go meet with them....that's all they wanted. Roll Eyes

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I agree, really bad call on his part. Should have told them to just get off his porch with out presenting a weapon and just had is concealed.

then again, in S.C. it would have depending on if the Sun had come up yet.. 5:40 a.m. dern that's early for protestors.... In my state it depends on if it is still dark and they are on your property.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post