SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Oh no! West Virginia Governor's English Bulldog, Babydog, Absent Due to Injury During Economic Announcement!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh no! West Virginia Governor's English Bulldog, Babydog, Absent Due to Injury During Economic Announcement! Login/Join 
Picture of ridewv
posted
A pic of Babydog in the link. https://www.wvnews.com/news/wv...rce=block-contextual

At a big economic gathering in Charleston, West Virginia's Governor, Jim Justice, shared some uncommon news. His pet, a four-year-old English Bulldog named Babydog, couldn't attend because she'd injured her leg. Babydog is a beloved figure in West Virginia. But that day, she had hurt herself by jumping off a chair.

Governor Justice was in Charleston to share exciting news about LG, a huge electronics company. They were planning to set up new innovation centers in West Virginia. During the event, people noticed that Babydog wasn't there. The Governor told those at the press conference about Babydog's accident.

To make up for Babydog's absence, Governor Justice gave William Cho, the representative from LG, a signed photo of him and Babydog. He also talked about how Babydog got hurt. He said it was because of her size and the force of jumping from the chair.

Babydog is a key member of Governor Justice's team. She often joins him on trips around the state. She's usually at most press conferences and shows. At these events, Governor Justice sits on a stool and Babydog sits in a chair next to him.

Babydog became a member of the Justice family during Christmas in 2019. Since then, she's played a big role in Governor Justice's work and his campaigns starting in 2020. She even became the face of a COVID-19 vaccine lottery program in West Virginia. The program is called "Do it for Babydog".

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7102 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Governor of WV radio call sign leaving Charleston,WV airport is Black Bear-1.

Just tossing that out, hope the dog gets better

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I was somewhat making lite of the press release of Governor Justice and Babydog there, but in all seriousness he's doing a pretty good job IMO. I hope he is successful taking Manchin's job in Washington.

Posts: 7102 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My biggest beef with Justice was his almost manic support for the “vaccines”. He switched party affiliation twice and is currently a republican. As long as he puts WV first and doesn’t slip into the Manchin habit of flip-flopping, I’ll support him.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15597 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I agree he was too aggressive promoting the "vaccine" but at that trying time so were most politicians.

I do applaud him for rallying against the legislature's attempt to take over the taxing of personal property from Counties. Then pushing to essentially repeal personal property tax for individuals. And signing the bill doing away with sales tax on firearms! Smile

Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
I’ve been around Baby Dog twice in the last year. She really is a very sweet Bulldog.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Got to see the WV First Dog when we were leaving the Capitol after WVCDL Lobby Day. Sweet puppy.

Posts: 11227 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
she had hurt herself by jumping off a chair.

Seems odd a young healthy dog would get hurt just doing that. Hope she's in good overall health.

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post