SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you carry medical gear as part of your EDC?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you carry medical gear as part of your EDC? Login/Join 
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
On duty, its a tq and small trauma kit on the belt or in a pocket or on the vest (depends how I'm dressed for the day). In the car is a larger med kit. Active shooter bag has a few tq's, and multiple bandages.

Range bag has an ifak. In my personal car there is an ifak and small medical kit (mostly otc meds, band aids, minor stuff). Walking around and not working I keep a band aid or two in the wallet. When out hunting I throw a tq and Israeli bandage in a pocket or bag. Figured it cant hurt to have.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
My Hanks gunner utility belt has holes all along it's length - and can fit around a forearm, leg / thigh easily.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you carry medical gear as part of your EDC?

I have first aid kits an trauma kits as part of the gear in my CAR. Wink

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I carry a small trauma kit in my truck geared for car accidents and shootings.
I don't carry anything on me personally.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6332 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
My wife & I are both retired nurses & I was a medic on a state prison CERT team for a while. We carry emergency bags in both our vehicles.

Each contains a CAT (tourniquet), clotting gauze, Israeli Combat dressing, CPR mask, gauze, gloves, knife, scissors & flashlight.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I have a freezer gallon bag full in my get home bag that I need to repackage into a fanny pack or something. Also have thought of keeping a SWAT-T, zfold, and gloves on my person.

Posts: 9981 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post