SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FL man uses CCW badge to cheat Wendy's out of LEO discount
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FL man uses CCW badge to cheat Wendy's out of LEO discount Login/Join 
Banned
posted
He used a gold colored one when asked about his qualifications and quickly flashed it, but, no go. Police were involved and he was arrested for impersonating a cop.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...ount-burgers-wendys/

"But I was a cop a long time ago before I was fired for being an alcoholic." was one defense. No mention if his lawyer would try to use the infamous "Florida Man" defense, otherwise known as an insanity plea.

I dealt with a lot of "prior service" who attempt to pull off this same scam for Military and Veterans discount. There really is no excuse not to have a VA card if you earned the benefits, and MO will add it to your DL for ID, too.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
We get a laminated card with pic in Fla.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A " Concealed Carry Badge " is just plain stupid . I envision those people also dressing up as a Marvel superhero at Comic-Con .

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Buddy of mine was a deputy on OK and, as a gift when I retired from the Navy, had a custom badge (sourced from his department's supplier) with my rank on it.

Gave me a stern warning not to flash it around town. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I was a cop a long time ago before I was fired for being an alcoholic.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I thought alcoholics ate free at Wendys. I am curious what was the response time? I doubt cops would show up in a timely fashion. Correct me if I am wrong. What would the response time be for Chicago PD?

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Oh, I thought this was going to be about the Jacksoneville man Who did the EXACT SAME THING at a Wendy's. (1:33 in the video below)

only this was Jacksonville, AR and the GUY'S OWN BODY-CAM was used as evidence against him. Smart.

Lie after lie after lie.

Got pulled over after travelling as an emergency vehicle, and the real cops didn't know who he was.

if you have 36 minutes to burn, the video is kind of entertaining.

The guy reminds me of Florida man Jeremy Dewitte -- if anyone is familiar with his pattern of lying after being caught impersonating.

Must be some psychological defect in these guys -- not sure what, but it's clear they are defective.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:... I doubt cops would show up in a timely fashion. ...

Likely LE decided to put it on the "to do" list, and had worked out to respond quickly when called.

"..a regular customer at this Wendy’s, had been demanding and getting this discount for over two years. ..."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would want a more upscale meal. Talk about stupid.It is like switching tags on a one dollar item at Goodwill.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
No CCW badge thread is complete without this:

Actual footage of what took place at Wendy's Wink Smile

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fla. Jim:

We get a laminated card with pic in Fla.
The Wendy's discount is only valid in Florida when the laminated card is accompanied by a badge:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30677 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Some guys will do anything for a Daves Double. Or the chili. Or baked potato.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
A " Concealed Carry Badge " is just plain stupid . I envision those people also dressing up as a Marvel superhero at Comic-Con .

DeadPool. Smile

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I mean, if he flashed his gun, he would’ve probably gotten the meal for free and they’d empty the register for him…

Posts: 13116 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Might as well just flashed this:

Posts: 2016 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Maybe next he'll steal some loose change from the Salvation Army guys at Christmas.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:... I doubt cops would show up in a timely fashion. ...

Likely LE decided to put it on the "to do" list, and had worked out to respond quickly when called.

"..a regular customer at this Wendy’s, had been demanding and getting this discount for over two years. ..."

That or if like us impersonating an officer call usually gets priority.

Posts: 4058 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A major irritant for me during my years as a cop. I suppose it is remotely possible that some folks want to give a discount as a little "thank you" gesture, but for the most part those who give discounts expect special treatment in return.

Discounts or free meals at restaurants. Free tickets to sports events. Free drinks at bars. Free rent for cops living in apartment projects with the expectation of extra patrols or security services. Sweetheart deals at auto dealerships. Flash the badge for free admission at the movie theaters. I saw a lot of this crap over the years, always made me angry.

When I became the chief the policy manual was very plain:

Those who accepted any discount or special treatment would be subject to disciplinary action, minimum one-day suspension without pay for the first offense.

Those who solicited (asked for) any discount or special treatment because of their positions would be fired.

I remember one guy who was involved in a domestic squabble with his girlfriend, smacked her around a little bit, then got into a traffic accident while under the influence, tried to get the responding officer to cut him a break. I served him with notice of termination in the holding cell at county jail, then requested the DA add charges for unlawful attempt to influence a public servant in performance of duty. Made for a very interesting arraignment and bail hearing. For some reason that guy still doesn't like me very much, even 30 years later.

Some cops are special people. Some are special stupid.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
But I was a cop a long time ago before I was fired for being an alcoholic.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I thought alcoholics ate free at Wendys. I am curious what was the response time? I doubt cops would show up in a timely fashion. Correct me if I am wrong. What would the response time be for Chicago PD?

Depends on how the 911 Center classifies it and what the back log is.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LoboGunLeather:
A major irritant for me during my years as a cop. I suppose it is remotely possible that some folks want to give a discount as a little "thank you" gesture, but for the most part those who give discounts expect special treatment in return.

Discounts or free meals at restaurants. Free tickets to sports events. Free drinks at bars. Free rent for cops living in apartment projects with the expectation of extra patrols or security services. Sweetheart deals at auto dealerships. Flash the badge for free admission at the movie theaters. I saw a lot of this crap over the years, always made me angry.

When I became the chief the policy manual was very plain:

Those who accepted any discount or special treatment would be subject to disciplinary action, minimum one-day suspension without pay for the first offense.

Those who solicited (asked for) any discount or special treatment because of their positions would be fired.

I remember one guy who was involved in a domestic squabble with his girlfriend, smacked her around a little bit, then got into a traffic accident while under the influence, tried to get the responding officer to cut him a break. I served him with notice of termination in the holding cell at county jail, then requested the DA add charges for unlawful attempt to influence a public servant in performance of duty. Made for a very interesting arraignment and bail hearing. For some reason that guy still doesn't like me very much, even 30 years later.

Some cops are special people. Some are special stupid.

How about the places that give discounts as a matter of their policy?

One of the troopers assigned to my area went into one of our local stop and robs. They gave him a discount. He didn’t want it as a matter of their policy. Almost turned into a pissin’ match w/ the clerk. He didn’t want the discount and the clerk was saying too bad it is their policy and he is getting it. Almost embarrassing standing there watch it unfold.

Posts: 4058 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's why our policy splits the difference.

We're not allowed to ask for a discount.

But if one is applied, we aren't supposed to argue, just say thank you and roll on.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post