SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Got an email from NRA new membership numbers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got an email from NRA new membership numbers Login/Join 
Picture of kent j
posted
Extended my wife's membership 5 years Saturday. Got an email while ago stating that 28,644 new members signed up last week. Maybe we're not as doomed as some might believe.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kent j:
28,644 new members signed up last week.

That is awesome!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8671 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
That is a good increase and it means more than $1M if all were at the basic membership fee. I am sure many were for much more.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That's a whole lot of money with just the new memberships. Now consider how many simply donated...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30435 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
That's a whole lot of money with just the new memberships. Now consider how many simply donated...

Yup, all I did was donate since I’m already a life member.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, I'm a lifer for the NRA and made a sizable (for me) donation to both the NRA Foundation and Gun Owners of America yesterday.

Not much, but every little bit helps.

drendean

Posts: 49 | Location: Bagdad, KY | Registered: January 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That figure doesn't reflect the many who didn't wait to (re)join the NRA until this weekend. Includes me, my brother and several acquaintences for example.

Posts: 2552 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Signed my wife up, and she has no interest in shooting. She believes in the 2nd Amendment though, and knows I love shooting, so she said sign me up after this "march" on Saturday.

Posts: 11 | Registered: February 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I upped to Patron, added an annual for the wife and donated $50 to the NRA-ILA. Yeah, I bet the last week has been a big one.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're not doomed at all, the media just lies to us. The March for Life has had at least twice as many people turn out in DC EVERY YEAR since 1974 than those moron gun banners had. How many times have you seem MFL on the news casts?

Posts: 17152 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post