SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man kicked off flight for Terroristic Social Media Post
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man kicked off flight for Terroristic Social Media Post Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
One does not need to be in America for something to be "anti-American." You do understand that, right?
Yes, but in this instance, I'd like to hear you explain how it applies.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107680 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
@p220

He implied he was a ladies man, and nothing more. Kind of stupidly, on a plane, mind you, but that's it. I don't make bomb jokes at airports, myself, or yell Fire in theaters, but not because it's inherently wrong or amounts to real danger but because I can't be bothered to explain a mistaken joke to some worry wart or the like. Ain't nobody got time fo' that.

And I know some folks lead sheltered lives, but people have used similar words to describe sexual prowess (often jokingly and sarcastically) for ages. Pussy-destroyer this, gash-stabber that, slayin' the ladies, straight killin' it, and dozens of other euphemisms.

Any smart person, especially one under 50, could have sussed out that this guy wasn't a terrorist in a minute flat. Maybe 5min, if you're being thorough about it all.

I recognized the jokey language instantly, as would hordes of others.

This was a largely a perfect storm of scary words, dark dude, on a plane, in an age of terrorism. No crime of any meaningful or useful nature was actually committed.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
There's exactly one word in that picture that provides any real context, and it's the word "ladies." The passenger behind him was looking over his shoulder. And again, let's not pretend like he was just trying to proclaim his virility, he made a stupid joke and chose his context very poorly.

As for my sheltered life, my first semester of college started off with a bang. I was in upstate NY the fall of ‘01, where there was a student union full of wailing classmates gathered as we watched the twin towers come down. More than a handful had family in those towers. So yeah, some brown dude post some shit about being a terrorist on flight and my mind isn’t going to “pussy destroyer,” I’m thinking other things first.

Locker room talk is one thing, this guy went full retard.

Posts: 17188 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since Poddar was arrested what are we going to do for telephonic tech support?

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
That's why you never say hello to your friend, Jack, by yelling Hi near the TSA line.

Nor, if Jack has dry skin do you yell to him, "I've got a balm!"

Posts: 7368 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
That's why you never say hello to your friend, Jack, by yelling Hi near the TSA line.

Nor, if Jack has dry skin do you yell to him, "I've got a balm!"

Ooh, I have to remember that when they’re making my bag go through the X-ray machine.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19691 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parallel:

quote:
One does not need to be in America for something to be "anti-American." You do understand that, right?

Really? This deserves pretty close to the same response as the airline got from DoctorSolo.

quote:
This is nonsense. No critical thinking, fuck context, fuck nuance...

It might surprise some here to discover that much of the rest of the world doesn't measure the validity of their actions based upon whether or not it is "anti-american." You know... like when they're doing things the way they see fit. Also, I seriously doubt that dude will own any part of that airline precisely because it didn't occur in America.

"Anti-American" is a universal term that all of us here should immediately understand and relate to. It has absolutely nothing to do with where some incident may have taken place. It's a standard that we equate to all freedom loving people. "Americanism" is the type of freedom that should be emulated throughout the world.

Another country doing things as they fit, which they are perfectly able to do and should be able to do without outside interference, doesn't change the fact at all that it is still "anti-American" and therefore counter to our understanding of freedom.

Bottom line is, don't do stupid crap in other countries because as you say, many simply don't value freedom and individual rights the same as we do.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
"Anti-American" is a universal term that all of us here should immediately understand and relate to. It has absolutely nothing to do with where some incident may have taken place. It's a standard that we equate to all freedom loving people. "Americanism" is the type of freedom that should be emulated throughout the world.

Another country doing things as they fit, which they are perfectly able to do and should be able to do without outside interference, doesn't change the fact at all that it is still "anti-American" and therefore counter to our understanding of freedom.
That's a steaming pile of horse shit. This has nothing to do with America, no matter how much you try to justify your silly remark. End of story.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107680 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post