SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Say a prayer for my mother, she would have been 82 today.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Say a prayer for my mother, she would have been 82 today. Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
She passed June 20th.
We never agreed on anything and I was pretty sure she would go on screwing me beyond the grave. She certainly did.
Regardless, I am proud not to have followed in her steps the way she wanted and be my own person, flawed et all.

Her sad memory will shadow me as long as I live. She worked hard at stranding me from my sons, corrupted them against me and made my sister a loveless and unloved person, now with a fried brain.

Please say a prayer for her. Wherever she is she certainly needs them.

Too many questions will remain unanswered, no reasons or explanations ever provided. What was the point? Why?

My demon is gone, her work done.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12151 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Instead, brother, I'll pray for you and ever increasing peace.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29736 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That is heavy brother. Sorry that is how it played out.

But,

Blaming others is no way to live. Cannot be changed by either of you at this point.

One of my brothers has a similar perspective. Which he as never been able to deal with. His issue.

My mother did do somethings but his feeling are more about him hanging on to those things than anything else.

I wish you well.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19257 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All our prayers for healing mercy and grace for everyone.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1529 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I shall say a prayer for her, and for you.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31488 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
0-0 I'll include you both in my prayers.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
My compliments to you on your resilient and elevated perspective.

Posts: 11399 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I will say a prayer for you both this evening.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36845 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Will do, my friend.

I can relate and sympathize with you. My father died a few years ago and I have yet to shed a tear over him. He wasn't mean or controlling. He just never protected me, talked to me or taught me any life lessons. He wasn't a good parent. Everything I am today had little or nothing to do with him. Except fishing.

I vowed to be a great parent and it has paid off. I've got two amazing well-behaved kids who truly adore me and think I'm king of the world.

E-mail me if you'd like to talk about it more.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5418 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
Prayers inbound her AO (sounds like it might be a balmy location Frown )

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Forgiveness is a huge word and an impossible task, I m afraid.

I sought that path long ago and had to break free of my mother's grasp. Realized late in life how deeply she had poisoned my life.
It was finally breathing fresh air when I stopped giving her any authority over my life. She went then for my oldest son and corrupted him with money.

She always ruled me and my sister by keeping us divided and rivals. At least until I figured it out. My sister chose the perks over freedom.

My sons were warned about her grandma but given the freedom to choose. One became a minion, the other chose to distance himself.
My oldest, the brown noser, betrayed my mother when she most needed him. This I found out and will have to live with. It's not easy and it will not go away. It's all our responsibility, I am well aware of it, but it is also her legacy. Having divided my sister and me from early age. We knew no different. And having divided my sons, made one a greedy bastard that I will never be able to trust or want to have near me.

Makes me wish I had forbidden my sons to have contact with her.
My mother died when my youngest son was 18 YO. As I told them more than once, how come she never spent $5 to visit your home?

There's plenty more to it of course.
I must take care of my sister, a total stranger a lifetime foe. Glad I can do it, teaches me to be a better person. Wish I could let go of past times but nevertheless is sucking away my time and a constant reminder of how they got there while I was happy having a life at a prudent distance.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12151 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post