SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Picatinny rail 90* adapter?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picatinny rail 90* adapter? Login/Join 
posted
I have a crossbow which has a picatinny rail that runs parallel to the flight rail/track. I want to add an adapter to change the direction of the rail 90 degrees so I can add a quiver to hold arrows perpendicular to the the limbs.

Basically I need a cheap 2" piece of picatinny rail which mounts perpendicular to a picatinny rail. Is there such a thing?

Something like THIS but the top rail going 90 degrees.

Posts: 5419 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I have seen side mount but no crossovers.

https://www.printables.com/en/...y-90-degree-adapters

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have 45º adapters I use for NV stuff.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34124 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Confused

Like this?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Confused

Like this?

Wow. I'm impressed you found one that fits what the OP is asking for exactly.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19676 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Confused

Like this?

Not quite. I want the rail on top and 90 degrees. I want to make an X with picatinny rails

Posts: 5419 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
quote:
quote:
Confused

Like this?

Not quite. I want the rail on top and 90 degrees. I want to make an X with picatinny rails

??? If you want the rail on top and 90 degrees, wouldn't you just rotate the thing in the link 90 degrees clockwise and the rail would be on top?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19676 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Confused

Like this?

??? If you want the rail on top and 90 degrees, wouldn't you just rotate the thing in the link 90 degrees clockwise and the rail would be on top?

Technically yes, but that is not what I want.

Think of the rail on the upper receiver of an AR15, where you would mount a red dot. I want an adapter that would mount to that rail. This adapter would have another rail on top which would be 90 degrees to the receiver rail, effectively changing the direction of the rail. I hope this makes more sense.

Look at the link in my original post. I want an adapter like the one in the link except the rail on top would be in the same location just rotated 90 degrees.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Ok, yes, 90 degrees but not on a different axis. Interesting. That may be a tall order. You might be able to get someone to 3D print you one if that would be strong enough.

Posts: 17161 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Like this?

Posts: 7315 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
Like this?

Yes! Metal would be preferred but I will have to see if plastic will work. Thank you

Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
Like this?

Yes! Metal would be preferred but I will have to see if plastic will work. Thank you

Good luck. Let us know if it works.

Posts: 7315 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post