SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So, what do we like in Robotic Vacuums?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, what do we like in Robotic Vacuums? Login/Join 
Picture of Sailor1911
posted
Thinking about a robotic vacuum for the house. Two story with some vaulted ceilings that apparently impact these devices ability to find there way around the house.

Been looking at the Samsung R9350. Seeing mixed reviews on it.

Sigforum brain trust have any thoughts?

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3768 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
No complaints with our Neato Botvac
I believe ours is the Botvac Connected. We have it running daily, cleaning about 1,000 sq ft. Takes about 90 minutes on Eco mode. Our dog sheds a bit, and it loosely fills the little dust bin.

Edit: My thread on the same subject
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...180022624#5180022624

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15388 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Whatever you get, make sure it can support a cat in a shark suit, chasing a duck.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
We have two, the NEATO BOTVAC Connected and the D5 connected.. I purchased the Neato Botvac Connected at Bed, Bath and Beyond with a 20% off coupon. The D5 I got free from NEATO to test. Both do an excellent job. The Connected has more features than the D5. I named the D5 as Rosin after the maid on The Jetsons. The Connected is named Al Gore, because he invented the Internet.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
We recently got the EcoVacs Deebot N79 based on its review on wirecutter.

The only complaint I have is that it tends to get "lost" when looking for the base. It's supposed to head back there when the battery gets low. But, 9 times out of 10 I find it sitting somewhere with a drained battery.

That's kind of an annoyance, but does a great job cleaning and SWMBO loves it.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6426 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Recently added the Roomba 960. Read some of the recommendations earlier and over the years and, while pricey, this seemed the one most likely to work reliably and thoroughly in our instance.

It has to keep up with where it has been and go back to finish, but this was a better answer to us than more than one unit, setting up zones, etc. Takes about 8 hours including 3 or 4 breaks for charging to vacuum what is about 2000 ft on a single level of home. Surprise at how much room stuff takes up, that's nowhere near the structural sq. ft. of that level.

Works great, we have hardwoods almost everywhere. Was really surprised at how thorough the cleaning of the carpet was in master closet, and took him upstairs to do the same on that carpet in a bedroom/bonus room combo.

We like him. My wife talks to him.

His name is Yertle.... Roll Eyes

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12450 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have had 2 Roombas and they have worked well. The first one, "Pacman", lasted about 4-5 years and his sucessor, "Duece", has been going for 6 years. Have to replace the filters every now and then but they take care of the shedding done by the cats.

I can't get any interest from my cats to ride the damn thing though....

Posts: 869 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bluecobra:
I can't get any interest from my cats to ride the damn thing though....

As comical as it would be, I doubt my 70lb Catahoula would entertain the thought either.

That said, he pays the Neato no mind, on the rare occasion we run it during the day.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15388 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Bernese Mt Dog, a St Bernard and a Pug. All three of them shed ridiculously. I picked coed up a Roomba earlier this week to tails the problem. I hope it works.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
Whatever you get, make sure it can support a cat in a shark suit, chasing a duck.

H&K-Guy

I can't really think of any other reason I would buy one of those contraptions.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20846 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Just watch out for dog poop.

God bless America.

Posts: 13525 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
i also have the Botvac Connected it works great no complaints yet

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't remember if it is an ad or something my wife is always showing me on Facebook but have you seen the one of the baby lying on top of one riding around the living room? Very funny!

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I would stick with Roomba or Neato. They are both excellent in their own ways. I own and use both my in house.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7083 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
No complaints with our Neato Botvac
I believe ours is the Botvac Connected. We have it running daily, cleaning about 1,000 sq ft. Takes about 90 minutes on Eco mode. Our dog sheds a bit, and it loosely fills the little dust bin.

Edit: My thread on the same subject
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...180022624#5180022624

I read that thread before buying, didn't see any thing to lead me in one direction or the other. I bought the one below about a week ago, comes with two little off limits sensor thingies. I really like it so far, two cats and a dog, it fills the bin in about 30 min and docks itself.
https://www.costco.com/iRobot-...oduct.100301385.html

Posts: 5360 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been using a Roomba 980 for last 18+ months...black lab mutt, Aussie shep and yellow lab.. you get the idea. I named it "The Kraken"

works well as long as you release it regularly to keep up with the shedding or the bin fills up quickly

I have no complaints

spendy, sure is, the frequency I would have to waste my time to vacuum was worth the expense. I release it while at work

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6238 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
I've had a roomba 630 for ~5 years now. Had to replace the battery a year ago and it's looking like I may have to replace it again soon, but I absolutely 100% love the thing. I've heard that there are some brands better than Roomba, but I definitely recommend getting a robot vacuum.

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post