SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone know how to track down Maybach parts??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know how to track down Maybach parts?? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
So I heard the horn of a 2007 Maybach 57 the other day.
What a proper sounding horn! My Tundra very much needs this horn tone.
I know Maybach’s share many things with the S Class Mercedes but a lot are their own as well. I can only guess something as simple as the horn is the same but don’t know anyone with an S Class to confirm.

I have located an S Class low tone horn MB Part number as 222-542-17-20 and 006-542-07-20.
I have found no way to source or cross reference Maybach parts.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25435 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would you not contact a Maybach dealer?

https://www.autoguide.com/deal...ch-auto-dealers.html

Posts: 418 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Considering they're a MB product, I'd think a Mercedes dealer could source them with a VIN to use for lookup.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15364 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Funny you should mention that. I was watching the latest episode of Hoovies Garage on youtube today. He bought a used Maybach and it needs a lot of work.

He found the parts he needs in Lithuiana.

You could probably email him. He's gotten quite good at locating parts for exotic cars.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/oG4Aaej0Rc8

Posts: 11859 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny, Tyler Hoover was the first person I thought of, too.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 64dodge:

No Maybach dealer close.
I’d go to guess everything is VIN locked and don’t really want to bother them for a horn I am going to put in a Tundra.

quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Considering they're a MB product, I'd think a Mercedes dealer could source them with a VIN to use for lookup.

I may swing by the local MB dealer and see but I am guessing they are likely VIN locked from the dealers.

OKCGene linked the 2nd Hoovie episode about the Maybach.
The 1st episode is where I heard the horn. He too notes how it sounds. He also mentions the MB and Maybach dealers aren’t much of a source for parts on the old models.

I tried googling Lithuanian Maybach dismantlers and had no luck.
I tried car-part.com and Maybach turns up nothing.

I had to use actually use the Tundra horn a couple weeks ago and it was pretty embarrassing. Started looking aftermarket while they are loud they all are high pitched and not fitting for a truck.
I heard the horn on the Maybach and had to have it.

————————————————

I waited 10 years
for this
posted Hide Post
I see there are a few hoovie's garage fans in here. I knew I was in good company!

Posts: 133 | Location: nebraska | Registered: January 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well you could always get one of those horns that sounds like a railroad locomotive! Cool

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2892 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
I replace the factory horn on my Expedition with the PIAA 85115 Superior Bass Horn. Much better. May be an option for you if you can't find the Maybach.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
There’s one on eBay right now for $70.

Maybach part # A2405420520

Not an expert, just did a 10 second google search.

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Jeremy,

Check out the 2017 E (E63) class horn. The 2017 E class shared many, many parts with the S class. The horn very well could have been one of those parts. Mine was a pretty low and good sounding horn.

While the S-class and its counterparts has a great sounding horn... you may consider something you probably have in your patrol car.

The Whelan PAP 112. It’s quite the powered air horn. It gets peoples attention and gives you a PA (which is nice to direct slower traffic to keep right, and it comes in handy on the off road trails too).

Disregard my wife laughing at me when she was shooting the video...

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4029 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 64dodge:

No Maybach dealer close.
I’d go to guess everything is VIN locked and don’t really want to bother them for a horn I am going to put in a Tundra.

I've ordered unusual or discontinued parts from various make dealers all over the country. They always seem happy to make a sale (after all, that's what they're in business for) and shipping is never an issue. As for VIN's, there are ways around that if the counter guy wants to be helpful.

Posts: 418 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

{No Maybach dealer close.
I’d go to guess everything is VIN locked and don’t really want to bother them for a horn I am going to put in a Tundra.}

I've ordered unusual or discontinued parts from various make dealers all over the country. They always seem happy to make a sale (after all, that's what they're in business for) and shipping is never an issue. As for VIN's, there are ways around that if the counter guy wants to be helpful.

posted Hide Post

half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post

I'd be grateful if somebody could tell me what the above symbolises.

TIA

Posts: 11334 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
Well you could always get one of those horns that sounds like a railroad locomotive! Cool

Too ridiculous of a sound and quite expensive.

quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
I replace the factory horn on my Expedition with the PIAA 85115 Superior Bass Horn. Much better. May be an option for you if you can't find the Maybach.

Better but Still a higher frequency tone than I am wanting.

quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
There’s one on eBay right now for $70.

Maybach part # A2405420520

Not an expert, just did a 10 second google search.

If you could post a link that would be great. I googled and eBay searched for awhile before I posted this thread. All I came up with was the 2 MB parts listed in my original post.

Now even posting the direct part number you have in google and eBay give me no horns.

quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Jeremy,

Check out the 2017 E (E63) class horn. The 2017 E class shared many, many parts with the S class. The horn very well could have been one of those parts. Mine was a pretty low and good sounding horn.

While the S-class and its counterparts has a great sounding horn... you may consider something you probably have in your patrol car.

The Whelan PAP 112. It’s quite the powered air horn. It gets peoples attention and gives you a PA (which is nice to direct slower traffic to keep right, and it comes in handy on the off road trails too).

Disregard my wife laughing at me when she was shooting the video...

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ab9jPZZ9gh0" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Too electronic sounding and I try to disassociate work stuff as much as possible. I hear that tone enough.
Plus it is really not all that intimidating and most folks don’t get out of the way anywho.

quote:
quote:

No Maybach dealer close.

Yes, but Maybach is a whole different beast. Very niche and exclusive.
I may give it a go after exhausting other avenues as it will be silly expensive from a dealer I am sure.

————————————————

Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Sorry brother, looks like the eBay item was snapped up: https://www.ebay.com/itm/MAYBA...420520-/174508374691

I wouldn’t worry too much about it being VIN locked, call up your Mercedes dealer and inquire. You have the part number, see if they can get it.

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
In the late '80s I put a horn out of a '65 Caddy hearse into my Dodge D150 pickup truck. Very sweet horn.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
Sorry brother, looks like the eBay item was snapped up: https://www.ebay.com/itm/MAYBA...420520-/174508374691

I wouldn’t worry too much about it being VIN locked, call up your Mercedes dealer and inquire. You have the part number, see if they can get it.

May give it a shot. Bet it will be a bit more than $70.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
Ask a local independent European mechanic shop which dealer and which parts guy they use. They will know who is most helpful. Mercedes-Benz are licensed to repair the older maybachs and can order the parts, if available. It sounds like you have the part number, but a good counter guy who knows the body codes can double check it without a vin. You may however need a good vin just to order the part, as it will more than likely have to be made and ship from Germany.

I worked a Mercedes parts counter for almost 3 years. We had a maybach come in every now and then and just for fun I'd look up random parts... expensive doesn't begin to describe what some of those parts cost. We did successfully order parts for it too, it just took time.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post