SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Did you ever want to know what it was like to train to become a WWII Fighter Pilot? Here's a taste
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did you ever want to know what it was like to train to become a WWII Fighter Pilot? Here's a taste Login/Join 
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted
Long time members here may remember I attended B-17 Crew Camp put on by the Collings Foundation 6 years ago. This is the next thing.

I attended the first collaborative training camp with Arizona Ground Crew Living History Unit and Commemorative Air Force, Utah Wing. 5 day camp at Wendover Historical Air Field. We flew out of the original hanger for Enola Gay.

https://www.facebook.com/FIGHTERCAMP/

It was the best time of my life. I flew every day and was instructed on basic flight, as well as aerobatics. Lived in the barracks, got hazed by the NCOs (gently), ate Army food. Another bucket list crossed off.

They are putting it on again, September 2019. Here's the info.

https://reg.planetreg.com/E421102559154558

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like a lot of fun. I've flown in both of those airplanes (stearman and T6 Texan) and they're both lots of fun.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
sns3guppy, I am not sure what your deal is. Arcwelder’s thread is a different thing. That one is a Bomber Camp put on by Collings Foundation, with Taigh Ramey. You might try reading comprehension

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
That looks like a great time...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Windhover:
sns3guppy, I am not sure what your deal is. Arcwelder’s thread is a different thing. That one is a Bomber Camp put on by Collings Foundation, with Taigh Ramey. You might try reading comprehension

Thanks for the insults. Classy.

You mentioned bomber camp, and I included a link to another recent discussion about bomber camp. That's all. Nothing more.

Wow.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post