SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    And I still hate motorcycle riders
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
And I still hate motorcycle riders Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Paper Moon

you keep saying that. what the fuck does that mean?

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
So you don't like motorcycles? You should ride one man. They are far out.

Just brought this one home tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
One sick dude here folks.....wtf

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Report This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
I'm going with drunk post....gotta say, it's out of character for the OP to make such a disturbing statement from what I recall Confused

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Every time someone is rude to me, whether in a car, on a bike, or just as a pedestrian, I felony assault them too! Roll Eyes

Sheesh, yes there are plenty of idiot riders, it eventually catches up with them seeing as how they are sub 1000 lbs on 2 wheels. Catches up with the drivers as well, I've seen their atrocious driving records and auto fatalities have spiked. I don't enjoy it though...

I just chillax and let people do what they are gonna do.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
quote:
Every time I hear of a fatality or just a crash, I'll smile. Knowing the rider probably deserved it.
Wow Roll Eyes

Yeah... he is a sad little man.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
dude

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
rburg, what's up, man? Don't you know there are assholes in EVERY group of people? Aren't there asshole gun owners? We both know there are. I'm a motorcycle owner/rider and I have never done anything like you describe. What's more - every motorcyclist I know personally is an excellent rider/person.

Buck up, dude.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10704 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There are assholes driving cars, trucks, motor homes and motorcycles. I could add bicyclists to that list, too.

As a motorcyclist with over 50 years riding, my biggest threat to me is the asshole behind the wheel.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Report This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I can get mad at other drivers; I can't get mad at motorcycles. I figure the tonnage of my vehicle versus the tonnage of their bike and it's just not fair.

So because they chose to ride a motorcycle that excuses them when they also ride like a douche balloon?

Maybe it is because there are so many car drivers vs bike riders. But as a group I've seen more naughty rage inducing behavior from bikes than I've seen from cars. And of course it is rare to see them wearing a helmet, let alone proper riding gear.

We should mandate that all motorcycle riders riding without a helmet are considered to be organ donors. Same for anyone that crashes while doing a stunt on their bike, or exceeding the speed limit by more than 30mph.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScorpionBoy:
quote:
Paper Moon

you keep saying that. what the fuck does that mean?

Check the reviews:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/paper-moon-springfield

They have on in Richmond and now Springfield:

http://www.papermoonclub.com/

Big Grin 41

Edited: on second thought, maybe not since dburg may have a heart attack! Wink

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
If you don't crash, you
ain't tryin' hard enough
posted Hide Post
Wow OP, why so much hate? The guy that beeped at you was probably just letting you know he was there. And the second, it's not personal. You did not say how long you had to circle the parking lot to find a spot after that guy "stole yours". I bet less than 5 minutes so is that minor inconvenience really a reason to smile on someone's death?

I really hope something nice happens to you soon so you stop being like this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Posts: 470 | Location: N. TX | Registered: April 03, 2003Report This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
You've been here since 2001 and you don't know better than this yet?

That's what I was thinking. Plus if he does hit somebody in the future they'll probably dig up his post and use it against him

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Report This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Well I did my share of stupid shit in my day, including wrecking a bike, resulting in 5 broken bones, out of work for 3 months, with a family to feed.

I used to see a lot of stupidity by bikers on my 100 mile a day commute, never wanted to cause any harm to 'em though. Used to think they would deserve what they got...

On Day at work a co worker was bragging in the break room, he proclaimed "He had the NEED for SPEED!" He had a crotch rocket.

About a week later he left work at at an extreme rate, and misjudged a curve in the road less than 1/4 mile from the parking lot. He hit a curb, went airborne for ~30 feet and hit a light pole about 6 feet up in the air. Killed instantly.

Was a good kid, about 20 with a wife and small child. I chipped in 100 bucks when they took up for his widow and kid.

I think about him every time I see a biker doing something stupid that could easily get them killed.

Biking is dangerous enough when done carefully.

I give them a wide path, no matter how stupid they are acting, mostly because I don't want to witness their death.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Report This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
Hopefully a good night's sleep clears this up. I don't personally know the OP but he's been here a longtime and I seriously doubt he truly believes what he posted. Maybe someone posting on his username or a few too many to drink at dinner tonight. Jerks are jerks and they operate every kind of vehicle imaginable. Hopefully everyone takes a second tonight and hug a loved one because we never know when someone we love will be taken away.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedmd:
Hopefully a good night's sleep clears this up. I don't personally know the OP but he's been here a longtime and I seriously doubt he truly believes what he posted. Maybe someone posting on his username or a few too many to drink at dinner tonight. Jerks are jerks and they operate every kind of vehicle imaginable. Hopefully everyone takes a second tonight and hug a loved one because we never know when someone we love will be taken away.

Yep. Hard agree.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
"I couldn't move because of the slow poke carefully exiting the spot. Even before the spot was fully open a bike came zipping up, snuck in and took the spot."

O.K., my story. I'm waiting patiently at a local gas station for a parking place on my bike NOT blocking a thru aisle and a woman in her P.O.S. fifteen year old falling apart conversion van pulls in front of me and takes that spot. Guess with that reasoning I should have dragged her out of the van, right?

Maybe the rider did not see your signal, possibly turned his head at the instant of the flash to check his mirror? For that matter, I almost flattened a Camaro years ago when I was a Firefighter. Running code, all lights and siren on. The driver pulled in front of me from a side street across two lanes of traffic and realized that I was behind him and at that instant locked his brakes up. To this day I still do not know how I avoided putting that diamond plate bumper and winch combo on the front of that Dodge D500 truck into his back seat. Or further. Does that stupid mistake on his part make him deserve injury or death? To me, no.

I've ridden for fifty (fifty, yes!) years and I've had a lot more incidents caused by car and truck drivers than caused by bikes against me in my car.

I can't wrap my head around gloating over death or injury for something as trivial as taking a parking place or being in a traffic lane that I want to be in.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
There is a reason this forum exists: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/230601935

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parallel:
quote:
quote:
Every time I hear of a fatality or just a crash, I'll smile. Knowing the rider probably deserved it.
Wow Roll Eyes

Yeah... he is a sad little man.

Well, I've had my motorcycle license for almost 40 years, and I currently have two motorcycles in my garage.
Yet, I've slowly gotten away from riding, partly because a very good friend of mine was run over by an idiot who was driving a pick-up while texting. It's been almost 5 years since his accident, and my friend has had 8 surgeries, with a couple more to occur in the future for injuries to his shoulder and leg (one leg is now shorter than the other). I was able to catch up with him yesterday, because his daughter was one of the bridesmaids in my daughter's wedding last night (they've been classmates through grade school, high school and college). He's still involved in the litigation process against the person who ran over him. Apparently, the driver of the pick-up may declare bankruptcy, because he's lost the first round in the civil court case (but obviously, OP, that should make you happy, since this moron ran over my friend the motorcyclist).
Anyway, I've severely cut back on my riding, because of idiots who text, and soccer moms in SUV's (and apparently, OP, angry people such as yourself).

rburg, I truly feel sorry for you. I hope you get help for your anger issues.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Report This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
quote:
Wow Roll Eyes

No way to respond respectfully to that kind of irrational and black-hearted venom, so I won't even try.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Report This Post