SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    And I still hate motorcycle riders
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
And I still hate motorcycle riders Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted
They're mostly jerks. 2 different instances reminded me of why today. The first I was trying to change lanes and the guy was behind me. I had my signal on and started to move over. The fool/soon to be dead rider moved after I was already moving and then blew his little horn at me. I shoulda crushed him.

The second was at a big Kroger store. As always, people were looking for a parking spot. Nice store, inadequate parking. So a woman was slowly pulling out of a spot. It was a good one but the woman coming down the side aisle was waiting. I couldn't move because of the slow poke carefully exiting the spot. Even before the spot was fully open a bike came zipping up, snuck in and took the spot. I should have bumped the bike and seen how well it stood up to a fall.

But its all OK. Every time I hear of a fatality or just a crash, I'll smile. Knowing the rider probably deserved it. I just wish the guy down the side street would move away or die. He was out front with his bike barely running. You'd think a Harley that costs as much as they do would come with a muffler. If he spent as much time keeping the bike tuned as he does keeping it loud, he'd be a lot better off.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Report This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
...I shoulda crushed him...

...I should have bumped the bike...

Well tough guy, why didn't you?

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1858 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Report This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
death is a pretty stiff penalty for a loud muffler

"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Wow. Sorry you had a bad day. But I hope I continue to disappoint you by living since I ride nearly every day.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Report This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Funny you should post this...today I'm going down the I-10 here in Phoenix doing about 76 mph (speed limit is 65). I'm in the middle lane and approach a car that is doing the speed limit. I look in my mirror to merge left and see a motorcycle about 100 yards back. I turn on my signal and begin to merge.

The motorcycle must be doing 100+ mph because he closes on me very quickly. Once I've merged left he arrives on my bumper and has to slow down. He is pissed and giving me the finger to which I ignore.

Once we are past the slower vehicle in the right lane I turn on my signal to merge back right and the idiot guns it and passes me on the right and slaps my passenger mirror as he goes by.

I was pissed and began to evaluate how to respond, however, my better judgement prevailed and I let him race off.

I'm a much bigger guy than this idiot, I'm carrying a gun, my 4x4 SuperCrew Truck would crush his little crotch rocket but he was lucky I wasn't someone that would respond to his nonsense. There are plenty of people out there that would have reacted in some form or another.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Report This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
That's a lot of words to say "get off my lawn, punk"....

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There are jerks that drive cars also. You hate them too? You're scary as hell.

Made in Texas, in the good ole' U.S. of A.

Posts: 242 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: May 11, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
First, I am a rider so take it as you want. Have your ever had similar experiences with people who drive cars? Sure, you have people who ride motorcycles who do stupid shit. Cut you off, steal your spot, etc. I am going to assume the same thing has happened to you by people that don't own a motorcycle?

I am a very cautious rider. I know that you can barely nudge me and possibly cause my death, so I avoid situations like you mentioned. I have had a lot more issues with people in cars than on bikes.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Report This Post
7 Mary 4
Picture of imprezaguy02
posted Hide Post
I think this is a drunk post.

Good lord.

posted Hide Post
Is someone just now finding out that the world has more than a few self-centered people? Sheesh, all I have to do to find one is look in the mirror....

Posts: 590 | Registered: December 28, 2009Report This Post
7 Mary 4
Picture of imprezaguy02
posted Hide Post
I'll follow that up with there are a lot of riders here. Who are good people.

This post is disturbing.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Once we are past the slower vehicle in the right lane I turn on my signal to merge back right and the idiot guns it and passes me on the right and slaps my passenger mirror as he goes by.

it would be horribly naughty, but that would have been a keen time to jerk the wheel a bit. he would have fucked himself (just fantasizing).

the OP is out of his damned mind.

To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Every time I hear of a fatality or just a crash, I'll smile. Knowing the rider probably deserved it.
Wow Roll Eyes

bobbin' and weavin
posted Hide Post
Some idiots ride motorcycles. Some idiots ride keyboards.

Posts: 934 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: October 12, 2009Report This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Wowww. So much talk about death, carelessness, and aggression in the post. Disturbing indeed.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Report This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Generalize much?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Wow is about all I can say.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Report This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I can get mad at other drivers; I can't get mad at motorcycles. I figure the tonnage of my vehicle versus the tonnage of their bike and it's just not fair.

I move a little over to the side to give them space aa they pass by and I give them plenty of space when I'm behind them compared to when I'm following a car.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
You've been here since 2001 and you don't know better than this yet?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imprezaguy02:
I think this is a drunk post.

Good lord.

Big Grin Big Grin I was thinking the same thing.
Jim needs to take him down to the Paper Moon for a night with the girls. Eek

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post