SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Justin Bieber has Ramsay Hunt syndrome
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justin Bieber has Ramsay Hunt syndrome Login/Join 
posted
Not a fan of his, but can feel his pain. Hope he got treatment quickly so he has a full recovery.

FYI: Ramsay Hunt syndrome (herpes zoster oticus) occurs when a shingles outbreak affects the facial nerve near one of your ears. In addition to the painful shingles rash, Ramsay Hunt syndrome can cause facial paralysis and hearing loss in the affected ear.

LInk: https://www.click2houston.com/...s-face-is-paralyzed/

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
A disease generally affecting people over age 60, caused by shingles virus becoming activated. His 25 yr old wife recently suffered a minor stroke.

An odd set of medical conditions for two young healthy people.

Hopefully both have a full speedy recovery.

Posts: 9470 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
So it's like Bells Palsy?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34132 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Similar but a lot worse and less common.

The two main symptoms of Ramsay Hunt syndrome are: a painful red rash with fluid-filled blisters on, in or around one ear, and facial weakness on the same side of the affected ear.

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16121 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
I've been trying to find data but this article pulls it together. The only question is whether JB and his wife were jabbed for C19. It seems highly certain given things they've said and done, but they have not said for sure either way.

Circumstantially, both he and his wife have suffered known adverse outcomes of the jabs, which are otherwise extremely rare for people in their age group.

In any event, as I said before I wish them both a full and speedy recovery.

https://stevekirsch.substack.c...n-biebers-facial?s=r

Posts: 9470 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^

Another study, Jan. 2022, from Spain, I believe.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8286864/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16718 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post