SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Discrimination against white guys at work has begun.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Discrimination against white guys at work has begun. Login/Join 
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Kamala Harris, from an upper-middle class background, is a good example of upside-down advancement. She got her start as Willie Brown's mistress. At the time Brown was the most powerful politician in California. At the time I thought "well, if Mrs. Brown is OK with the arrangement why should it matter to me." She took the old fashion route to get ahead ... giving head. Get picked as Biden's vice president and given one task: The Border and she has made the border worse than ever. Her most notable achievement was after the election jumping up and down like a high school cheer leader parroting "A woman of color now vice president."

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1556 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Ironic that "professional" sports organizations like the NFL and NBA aren't out advocating for more non-blacks to be on the field and court proportional to the population. It's because they want the best players out there who give them the best chance at winning because winning brings in the color that matters: green.

Posts: 13115 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Ironic that "professional" sports organizations like the NFL and NBA aren't out advocating for more non-blacks to be on the field and court proportional to the population. It's because they want the best players out there who give them the best chance at winning because winning brings in the color that matters: green.

It's the same issue with publishers today who feel teh need to alter language in many of the books they own, in order to be more 'reflective of the times we live in'. If they were really concerned about offensive & divisive language, they'd sell-off the rights to these works and disassociate themselves from them. Instead, these are lucrative works that have stood the test of time and they can't give up the revenue these works bring in.

Changes to new editions of Roald Dahl books have readers up in arms

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
And when companies talk about diversity and hiring minorities, they're really talking about blacks and Hispanics. Africans (especially those who are educated) and Asians don't count. And the more minority you are, the better so they can check more boxes!

Posts: 13115 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Funny thing is that I’m 23% Portuguese. Portugal is part of Hispania. My great grandparents last name was Rodrigues until it was changed when they came here in 1895.

So technically I’m Hispanic. But no way to change that in my company profile now.

Sounds like discrimination if you can’t correctly identify yourself. What about those who change ‘gender’ at the company?

Posts: 520 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post