SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Irish people try American BBQ...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Irish people try American BBQ... Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
That 'North Korean' looks awfully fat for a North Korean.

tac

I think they don't live in NK anymore.

Posts: 7643 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
OK, you guys got me hooked on watching these things yesterday.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/SckRFC0dWps

Think you'll approve of the redhead here as well.

Posts: 7506 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Query - is commercially distilled and taxed white lightning actually "moonshine?" I though 'shine was, by definition, illegal liquor.

I've had untaxed liquor, double distilled, and about about 180 proof. The dominant note was of burning napalm, with a vaguely corn-like, sweet aftertaste, all while being not unlike drinking kerosene.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I couldn't believe how whiny two of the vegetarians were. My god, it's too hard to cut, too hard to chew, I can't even imagine biting into this.

Maybe they'd be better off sucking baby food through a straw, or does sucking also require too much effort?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38251 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
OK, you guys got me hooked on watching these things yesterday.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/SckRFC0dWps

Think you'll approve of the redhead here as well.

I don't mind if anyone is a vegetarian. But why are they so smug about it?

And complaining about the effort of eating meat? We are clearly equipped to be omnivores. We have the teeth and gut for it.

(I do agree that veal is bland and boring, though.)

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
That 'North Korean' looks awfully fat for a North Korean.

tac

I think they don't live in NK anymore.

Upon arriving in S. Korea one woman said:
It's like being transported into the future 40 years.

How sad.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6900 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Query - is commercially distilled and taxed white lightning actually "moonshine?" I though 'shine was, by definition, illegal liquor.

I wondered the same thing.

quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I've had untaxed liquor, double distilled, and about about 180 proof. The dominant note was of burning napalm, with a vaguely corn-like, sweet aftertaste, all while being not unlike drinking kerosene.

Hmmm... There's 'shine and there's 'shine. I've drunk many different moonshine recipes over the years. I can't say as any of them ever tasted, or even hinted, of any petroleum-based product.

Strong? Oh yes. Fiery? Definitely. Though some have actually been surprisingly smooth.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
BtW, looking forward to shooting with you on Saturday!

Rolan

I think we will have a hoot at the shoot (damn...I'm a poet now Big Grin)...looking forward to it!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
And complaining about the effort of eating meat? We are clearly equipped to be omnivores. We have the teeth and gut for it.

It's like wathcing the guy selling things at the State Fair. "Look at how hard it is to open this jar the old fashioned way!" And the guy proceeds to grunt, groan, and strain in the most unbelievable animated way possible. Then he says: "Now watch how the Jar Master 9000 makes your life easier." And the lid just pops right off.

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
There's no such thing as legal moonshine, beyond meaningless marketing hype.

Similarly, there's no such thing as Tennessee Whiskey or the like, either.

At least in terms of the Federal regs that define spirits.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post