SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Irish people try American BBQ...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Irish people try American BBQ... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
Smile...there's a bunch of these "Irish People Try" foods and drink videos on YouTube Smile

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/2BFotaytFmk

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"I'd bathe in it."

I'm in love!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
How do you know the Irish like something?

"I'd put these on a baked potato."

Posts: 7490 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Biscuits and gravy:

"Something you'd make at five in the morning"

Bwahaha! I lived on Hardees biscuits and gravy for a couple years. Every morning, in Wisconsin. Miss it and want to try the real deal They must have been served some nasty stuff.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:
Biscuits and gravy:

"Something you'd make at five in the morning"

Bwahaha! I lived on Hardees biscuits and gravy for a couple years. Every morning, in Wisconsin. Miss it and want to try the real deal They must have been served some nasty stuff.

Dunno where "Badger, Badger, Badger" is (Wisconsin?), but, at least here in Michigan, good biscuit gravy is nigh impossible to find. Trust me, I've tried. Ever since discovering it in Louisville ±35 years ago.

Most places just make plain old white gravy, throw in some cooked-up bits sausage bits and call it "sausage gravy." Pretty bland, boring stuff.

Finally, a few weeks ago, my wife looked up some recipes, and, mindful of all that she'd tasted and my criticisms of same, made some.

It. Was. Heavenly.

Mind you: In my view proper sausage gravy ought to have a bit of kick.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
I like this one better.

North Koreans try BBQ

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/T0TYCEXmi90

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Salmonella under an umbrella!

Hahahahahaha!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34421 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
It's Ash Wednesday...we're going to hell!
Big Grin

Posts: 7506 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
North Korean video...everything is bigger in TX lol

Posts: 7876 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Og course the Irish like it, as a people we are raised taught to boil everything until it is devoid of taste, texture and flavor

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I've previously seen the Irish video but had not seem the N Korean video. The N Korean video was very interesting.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
Og course the Irish like it, as a people we are raised taught to boil everything until it is devoid of taste, texture and flavor

Except Beer.

Guinness, YUM.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
"I'd bathe in it."

I'm in love!

The feisty red head is game. I like her.

Posts: 7643 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heisrizn:
I like this one better.

North Koreans try BBQ

My first thought with both was "Which BBQ?"

I always thought "BBQ is BBQ" and that meant, essentially, Texas BBQ. First time I went to lunch at a local place in NE North Carolina, ordered BBQ, they set it down in front of me and I said "What's this???" "BBQ," my companions replied. That's when I learned about the different kinds.

I love me some NE NC style pulled-pork BBQ. Haven't had it in years.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by heisrizn:
I like this one better.

North Koreans try BBQ

My first thought with both was "Which BBQ?"

I always thought "BBQ is BBQ" and that meant, essentially, Texas BBQ. First time I went to lunch at a local place in NE North Carolina, ordered BBQ, they set it down in front of me and I said "What's this???" "BBQ," my companions replied. That's when I learned about the different kinds.

I love me some NE NC style pulled-pork BBQ. Haven't had it in years.

had dinner, family style, at a place not far out of Wilson NC called Cherry's

hole in the wall out in the middle of no where,

some damn good BBQ and good Brunswick stew as well,

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10594 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
God I love that redhead.....

Here's another hilarious one

Posts: 6400 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
BtW, looking forward to shooting with you on Saturday!

Rolan

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Howsabout some Americans trying poteen?

tac

Posts: 11444 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Irish people taste test Korean food and yes the redhead is in it.

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
That 'North Korean' looks awfully fat for a North Korean.

tac

Posts: 11444 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post