SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Self-healing Targets
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Self-healing Targets Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Sorry, no pics. Last time I was at the range it wasn't there any more. Maybe it was someone's prototype?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

This target has over 700 rounds on it:
~300 9mm
~300 22lr
~90 5.56
~20 .308
~16 .45 ACP

A lot of the .22 and 9mm are stacked in the same holes just left of center.

Ironically, .22lr seems to do the most damage, likely due to the heeled bullets.

[edit - fixed the resolution!]

Double Action Reactive Targets - Reactive | Self-Healing | Awesome
www.DA-Targets.com

Posts: 7 | Registered: August 01, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
@DA-Targets, thank you for taking the time to explain your product further. Don't be afraid to join in on the conversations around here. Welcome aboard.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DA-Targets:
Hello all. Thanks for looking into our targets. I saw some traffic from the site and figured I'd go see if I could find the source thread. I'll try and respond to some of the questions in the thread.

DA-Targets, welcome aboard the forum and thanks for adding the additional info about your product. Smile

Just a suggestion, but you may want to take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Member section, and tell members a little about you and your company products. Perhaps even containing a hyperlink to this thread.

Couldn't hurt to maybe include a hyperlink to your website in your signature line either. Wink

Hope you are able to stick around and participate on the forum, as time allows.

Again, welcome.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
DA-Targets, welcome aboard the forum and thanks for adding the additional info about your product. Smile

Just a suggestion, but you may want to take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Member section, and tell members a little about you and your company products. Perhaps even containing a hyperlink to this thread.

Couldn't hurt to maybe include a hyperlink to your website in your signature line either. Wink

Hope you are able to stick around and participate on the forum, as time allows.

Again, welcome.

Thank you and will do!

www.DA-Targets.com

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
My club doesn't allow steel but I don't think would have a problem with these. I'll order a couple this evening and my wife and I will give them hell with 9mm. I'll post how they hold up after a few hundred rounds.

Posts: 3438 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
So remembered to snap a pic of that target today. Turns out it is a Double Action target, don't know what's up with the color.

Apparently the range is evaluating them. The main problem is that for the knock-down model, 22s weren't knocking down the target, so it is impossible to immediately confirm a hit.

Self-healing Target - 2 by kpkina, on Flickr

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would these work with a 420fps BB gun for basement practice.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
So remembered to snap a pic of that target today. Turns out it is a Double Action target, don't know what's up with the color.

Apparently the range is evaluating them. The main problem is that for the knock-down model, 22s weren't knocking down the target, so it is impossible to immediately confirm a hit.

Self-healing Target - 2 by kpkina, on Flickr

Holy crap! That poor guy has seen every kind of abuse lol. Looks like some hollow-point hits and extended time outdoors.

Hollow points and very high velocity flat tips will punch a hole. You want to keep it "round or pointy" to prevent that.

For the color, extended UV exposure will eventually kill the color change. We recommend storing them in your range bag when not shooting.

The FAQ lays out best practices https://www.da-targets.com/pag...ntly-asked-questions

www.DA-Targets.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Would these work with a 420fps BB gun for basement practice.

Only if you're also practicing dodging BBs! In other words, no. They will fire a BB directly back at you regardless of angle.

They work great with pellets >800fps, but as mentioned above, you want the projectile to be round or pointy. Flat tips or very aggressive pellets will leave permanent damage. I've been using H&N Baracuda .22 Cal, 21.14 Grains, Round Nose pellets in my Hatsan with great results.

www.DA-Targets.com

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for responding, DA-Targets. Yes, it's just hanging from one of the handgun target frames, and open to anyone shooting anything. It has seen more than its share of abuse.

Leaving it out there exposed explains the color situation. Wish I could have taken a few shots at it when it was newer.

Self-healing Target - 1 by kpkina, on Flickr

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."