SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Beltman belt thickness?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beltman belt thickness? Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
I have a heavy duty gunbelt that I bought from Cabelas about 10 years ago. It generally works well, but it's worn out AND is too thick to fit through the kydex loops of the Sig kydex holster that came with my 365. I bought a nylon tacticool gunbelt last year, but that thing is nearly impossible to get threaded through my beltloops, let alone the holster loops. So, I'm wondering of I'll run into the same problems with a new Beltman belt? I was thinking of getting one of their dual-layer bullhide belts without the stiffener. Anyone here have experience with this belt? Any problems feeding it through holster loops?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have a Beltman, but all I can tell you is that it is about a quarter of an inch (no caliper handy for a better measurement right now), maybe a tiny bit less, in thickness, and does have rounded and smooth edges, even after 12 years of almost daily wear. A belt that is rough on any surface or fraying on its edges is going to be hard to get through belt loops, which might contribute to your problem. I have only used clips on my holsters for years, so no help there. I have never had any trouble with getting the belt through the pants loops.

Posts: 27975 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried hanks belts, or relentless tactical belts ?

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
My Beltman is dual layer bullhide, has the stiffener, and the velcro.

The belt is .230 (1/4") with only the leather.
The area with velcro and stiffener is .310- to .320

Measured with caliper.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43911 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
Has anyone tried hanks belts, or relentless tactical belts ?

Hanks Belts, yes, I have two of them. Top quality, highly recommend. Fast shipping, too.

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
My Beltman is dual layer bullhide, has the stiffener, and the velcro.

The belt is .230 (1/4") with only the leather.
The area with velcro and stiffener is .310- to .320

Measured with caliper.

I measured mine and also came up with .230". It's a quick-ship dual layer bullhide belt with no stiffener or velcro. I've never had a problem with it fitting through kydex or leather holster belt loops.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is your concern about getting the belt through your pants loops ?
Or
Getting the holster and accessories clips over the belt ?

My 1.25" beltman belts goes through all of my jeans loops w/o any concerns.

You may need to figure out what belt your accessories clips were designed to be used with,

1.25" or 1.50" belt width.

Best advice,
Call the man,
T
I have no doubt that after a short conversation, your decision will be an easy one.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54676 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I have several Hanks gunner belts and liked them so much I gave one to every male member of my extended family and got the highest praise feedback from everyone. Highly recommended. If I'm not mistaken they have a lifetime (100 year?) warranty and seem to stand behind their product. I feel like I still will be wearing the same belt 10, 15 years from now.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I have a belt from Armour Belts that Mike will make of thinner stock. I have an original from his Uncle and that was too thick for the slots on my holsters. I cured it two ways, ordered a thinner belt and asked holster makers to widen the loops for my thicker belt. I only carry OWB and it's either a P239 or a Ruger GP100, either belt works fine.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3402 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a couple of Beltman 1.5” dual layer bullhide belts (one work, one “bbq”). Never had a problem with getting them through holsters, belt loops, mag pouches, flashlight pouches, or anything else. I’ve been very happy with them.

ETA: My holsters are IWB and use clips, so may not relate to the holsters you are using. The pouches are all snap tunnel and can be slid on or snapped with no issue either way.

Posts: 6922 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
I have a belt from Armour Belts that Mike will make of thinner stock. I have an original from his Uncle and that was too thick for the slots on my holsters. I cured it two ways, ordered a thinner belt and asked holster makers to widen the loops for my thicker belt. I only carry OWB and it's either a P239 or a Ruger GP100, either belt works fine.

Same here. I have a 1.5” Armor belt that is a “dress” belt with internal stiffener. It’s my everyday wear belt and works like a charm. Total thickness is just over 1/4”.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post