SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    *** Winner is V-Tail*** Merry Christmas - Finishing Salt Karma (food related)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*** Winner is V-Tail*** Merry Christmas - Finishing Salt Karma (food related) Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted
So I have a really decent salt collection. Some pretty amazing salts for cooking/finishing. I won’t give away what exact salts I will include in this karma. There are six different salts. These are my top six, because of various reasons. I will include a sheet that explains each salt, and they are in six “cute little jars” as my wife would describe. This is a rather expensive set of salts that I have put together, so please only enter if you really love food (meats) and enjoy different salts.

Karma requirements:
You will use these. No regifting. That means you need to love food, meats, and specialty salting them.
You must be willing to give an address that UPS can deliver to. The post office here sucks and I don’t have an hour to spend in line. I can ship UPS for less, from work.
You must have an email in your profile.
I would love to hear feedback on your opinions of the salts. (Not required, but appreciated).

Winner will be picked sometime between Friday and Sunday and shipping out Monday.

Good luck to all who enter. Marry Christmas.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Beancooker,

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4321 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Unlucky #1. Thank you for your generous karma!

Posts: 7071 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I'm intrigued by your offer of different salts!
Even though I'm approaching 60, one of my odd health "attributes" is that I always test out at below the standard minimum for sodium level. And trust me, I use salt for most everything, so I'm as shocked as my doctor!

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
This is a great karma. Please include me! I use truffle salt fairly Often but would love an opportunity to branch out! Posting a few pics of some wings I smoked today on the Weber Kettle.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4321 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love to cook, I love meat, and I have been accused of being a saltaholic. I would love a chance at this Karma!

ARman.

Posts: 3213 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In!
I've only made salts with my hot peppers, but would love to try out some of your blends.

Posts: 248 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: January 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
I use a lot of pink Himalayan salt, would love to try some others. Love grilling and smoking on my green egg. Please include me in your Karma, Thank You.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes please include me

They would make a great addition to the black truffle butter I have

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6294 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Please include this foodie in your great karma.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2222 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Mmmmm . . . I am a carnivore and I would like to try these.

I have an account at The UPS Store, where I receive all my small packages and business mail, so I think that UPS will deliver. Wink

You say that you have put together an explanation sheet. Would you mind publishing that, either in this thread or a separate one? Only one of us will be the lucky karma winner, but perhaps a number of us would learn something from the research that you have done.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31378 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
We tried some "basic" finishing salt this summer on some steaks a few times and really liked it. Would love to branch out with some from someone who knows what the heck they're doing!

Awesome.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12668 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in please, trying to get better at smoking and BBQ'ing, these would help.

Posts: 3644 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

You say that you have put together an explanation sheet. Would you mind publishing that, either in this thread or a separate one? Only one of us will be the lucky karma winner, but perhaps a number of us would learn something from the research that you have done.

Absolutely. I would be happy to do so.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4321 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Sounds awesome. Please add me in. Thanks.

Posts: 2734 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Please add me. I use salt on just about everything and I am curious about the different types you mention.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2107 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Always in for a new taste . In Please

Posts: 4444 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chance at your foodie karma - we've been trying some different salts over the last few months. Hawaiian black lava sea salt is one that we've really enjoyed. Always eager to expand our horizons Smile

Posts: 1817 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'd love to give this a try. I'm a BGE devotee and this would enable me to expand my knowledge and flavors.

Thanks for the chance.

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12919 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Thank you and please count me in.

I had the opportunity to taste some locally produced salt from Namibia recently and it was very different and made me wonder about looking more into salts from around the world.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6467 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perfection is impossible,
Trying is not…
posted Hide Post
Please include me. I love food-meat and like different salts.

Thanks,
Ray

"Isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Posts: 518 | Location: OKC | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post