SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    *** Winner is V-Tail*** Merry Christmas - Finishing Salt Karma (food related)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*** Winner is V-Tail*** Merry Christmas - Finishing Salt Karma (food related) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I love meat, preferably cooked outdoors (which is why I have multiple grills and smokers).

Good salt, good pepper, and the proper wood for cooking is the only seasoning a good cut of meat needs.

Please toss my name in the hat.

Posts: 1133 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beancooker- thanks for your very generous Karma. Please include me in the drawing. Thanks for your generosity.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A collection of salts would go good with my pepper collection. Please include me and thank you!

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I'm in, thanks!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3291 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Please include me in on this awesome karma.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4889 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good..Bad.. I'm the
guy with the gun.
Picture of SIGMYSTER
posted Hide Post
Please add me in. I love to cook and use salt. Thank You.

Don't count me out till you see the box go in the hole!

Posts: 2124 | Location: N.E. OHIO | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Count me in. I'd love to try some different salts. My stash is limited to kosher salt for cooking and fleur de sel and Maldon's for finishing salts.

Posts: 8275 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in. I have some really nice filet mignons to try them on!

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cut and plug
posted Hide Post
Please count me in for this great karma. I’m intrigued by the thought of 6 different salts. I love to cook both at home and the fire station. I’ve cured my own bacon before. So far I’ve just used Maldon flakes and pink Himalayan salt.

Posts: 1147 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Please include me as well. I have been to a restaurant called Salt down on Amelia Island, Florida. They have an entire shop devoted to 100's of different salts. It is a pretty awesome experience. The salts my wife and I brought home with us have long since been used up.

Thank you!

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the chance.

Posts: 1316 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please enter me. I'd love to try some finishing salts outside of my ordinary run of the mill stuff. Thanks.

Posts: 4322 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Please enter me into this tasty karma. I have enjoyed finishing and have actually worked on making some of my own.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried Merlot salt on my slow cook braised beef short ribs last month. Would be quite interesting to try others in my cooking & baking so please include me.

Posts: 1771 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
V-Tail, it looks like the Karmanator has chosen you. Merry Christmas!

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4321 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
List of the salts...

Cyprus Flake is known for its large pyramid-shaped crystals with a light and fluffy texture and mild taste that is characteristic of Mediterranean sea salts. Popular for cooking, this salt is also commonly used as a garnish for fish and vegetable dishes.

Hawaiian Black Sea Salt is pure Pacific Ocean sea salt from Hawaii. Our Black Hawaiian Salt has a volcanic flavor that is fabulous as a finishing salt on grilled meats or fish, sushi, teriyaki chicken, salads, foie gras and vegetables.

Alaea is the traditional Hawaiian sea salt used to season and preserve. Alaea Hawaiian Sea Salt is non-processed and rich in trace minerals, all of which are found in sea water. A small amount of harvested reddish Hawaiian clay (‘Alae) enriches the salt with Iron-Oxide.

Black Truffle salt is the ultimate gourmet blend of all natural Mediterranean Sea salt and treasured Italian black truffles. Truffles are celebrated worldwide for their complex and incredibly unique flavor notes, and Fusion Black Truffle Salt utilizes the unique power of sea salt to intensify the aroma and deliciousness of this exquisite mushroom.

Fumee de Sel is premium sea salt (Fleur de Sel) that has been slowly smoked with chardonnay oak wine barrels. It is prized for its gentle smoke flavor with a savory hint of wine. Great on all meat and seafood! Also try it on pasta, salads, baked potatoes or eggs and potatoes at breakfast.

Alderwood - Smoked Alderwood Sea Salt is created by slowing smoking Pacific Ocean Sea Salt above a Northwest Red Alderwood fire. This centuries old process yields a rich, complex tasting sea salt without harshness or bitterness. Smoked Alderwood Salt's authentic, clean smoke flavor makes it the perfect go-to salt when you really want to impress guests or simply want to enjoy a distinctive meal at home! Use as a finishing salt, or add it to rubs or seasoning blends.

quote:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4321 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

V-Tail, it looks like the Karmanator has chosen you. Merry Christmas!
Oh my, that is great!

Thank you!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31378 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

Fumee de Sel is premium sea salt (Fleur de Sel) that has been slowly smoked with chardonnay oak wine barrels.

That wouldn't be SaltWorks Fumée de Sel would it? If not, what brand? Appreciate it. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16515 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The salt arrived (very well packed!).

My wife and I are looking forward to trying the various types.

Thank you again.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31378 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
L.R., I’m happy to hear they arrived safe and sound. I do okay at packing and I figured they were in glass, crossing the nation at the busiest time of the year. So yeah, I packed it pretty well.
I wish you and your wife the best and a Merry Christmas.

Bald, I’ll have to check the vendor on that salt. I think you are correct.

quote:
The “lol” thread