SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Two recordings of The Star Spangled Banner worth every minute
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two recordings of The Star Spangled Banner worth every minute Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
Sometimes, its good to tune out current events on the TV, the social media, the radio ...

and reaffirm "who we are".

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15905 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing. I heard the first one recently but not the second one. I, like many, are not familiar with the other verses, 4 I believe, of our National Anthem. What a beautiful tenor voice that gentleman has. Outstanding, Marine.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4234 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing those links Richard. You are right, worth every minute!

War Eagle!

Posts: 129 | Location: Alabama | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I learned 2 verses of The Star Spangled Banner in my youth, and have always been very fond of the one with "free men" in it--for me, it expresses the true value of being "American". I saw the video with the Marine a few weeks ago--he did a great job.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My favorite is by the band Boston:

Posts: 33834 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Whitney Houston sang it without warbling or embellishing or trashing it out. She knocked it out of the park.

Posts: 11858 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
A little bit off topic, but related. Can anyone tell me how to download the audio track only of a YT video, preferably, at full download speed, rather than playback speed?

Posts: 6495 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by OKCGene:
Whitney Houston sang it without warbling or embellishing or trashing it out. She knocked it out of the park.

That gave me goose bumps! What an amazing talent!

War Eagle!

Posts: 129 | Location: Alabama | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Whitney prerecorded it in the studio for that performance. Too much on the line for it to be screwed up being it was the first Super Bowl following the 9/11 attack and America needed a huge rendition like that. I have no doubt that with her voice she could have pulled it off live.

Posts: 4084 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
Whitney prerecorded it in the studio for that performance. Too much on the line for it to be screwed up being it was the first Super Bowl following the 9/11 attack and America needed a huge rendition like that. I have no doubt that with her voice she could have pulled it off live.

Whitney sang that 10 years before 9/11.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10493 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
RichardC ... thank you sir for sharing ! Though I was aware of the second verse, this is the first time I have heard it.

Gave me goosebumps.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post