SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Krinner Tree Genie Christmas Tree Stand: WOW!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Krinner Tree Genie Christmas Tree Stand: WOW! Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Whoever recommended this to me last year, THANK YOU!

I had a SwivelStraight Christmas tree stand, which worked pretty well for about five years and then it cracked badly being mostly plastic. Decided to try something else and asked here and seemed to get a lot of recommendations for the German-made Krinner.

I actually purchased one this time last year as soon as I realized the one I was using was shot after that year and I stored it away for this year.

This thing is a real beast, probably weighs about 25 lbs empty and has these bear-trap like steel claws that clamp down on the trunk and hold it securely. It’s so flat and stable too that it would take a whole lot to tip a tree over with this stand and it holds almost 3 gallons of water which means I’m not having to fill it every day.

I guess my only complaint with the stand is that it doesn’t add the 8-9 inches of height we used to get with the much taller SwivelStraight but it’s not a dealbreaker. The ease in which I was able to set the tree and level it and be done more than made up for that.

Anyone else have one? They aren’t cheap but it seems well made and will last for many years.

Not me but shows the claws in action:

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. Have had one for a few years, possibly based on a recommendation here as well though I don't remember. It's awesome.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I've got that Christmas Tree Stand, and I've had it for at least 17 years! Not sure if I recommended it to you, but I certainly would've if the question was asked and/or I was responding to such a thread/inquiry.

I've been known to stand up a 10 foot plus tall Christmas Tree with ease in that stand EVERY year, and it's so stable you can even slide it around (on carpet) after the Tree is in it! I typically get the Tree in the stand within two hours of cutting it down, and then let it drink & acclimate for a few days before we decorate it. I slide it out into the middle of the room so I can walk around it to put the lights on it, followed by adorning it with ornaments. After it's decorated, I just slide it into position tight against the wall. In order to slide it around with the Tree in it, you just need to push low on the stand only. Another trick I've learned is to keep your foot on the lever when ratcheting down the clamping mechanism. If you lift/release it under tension it can pop up too quickly and release off of the trunk and then you have to start over. I also drive a nail set/punch into the center of the trunk (on the bottom) after I do a clean cut squaring it up before I bring the Tree in the house. Just before I stand up the Tree I remove the punch and set the spike that's in the center of the stand in the hole left by the nail set. Doing so ensures the Trunk is always centered in the stand, as well as even pressure all the way around from the claws/fingers of the clamping mechanism.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8880 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got one 6 0r 7 years ago. Can't beat it!!

Posts: 954 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Been using one for 4 or 5 years based on recommendations here.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
We have one and love it.

It really is a better mousetrap.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have had one of these stands for a few years as well. It really is a beast of a tree stand. I set ours out in the garage a couple of years ago before going to get a tree and it got backed over with a Jeep Wrangler. My heart sank thinking we destroyed our expensive stand. Nope. Barely a scuff. I was really surprised and impressed.

Posts: 153 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We got 1 a few years ago. Works very well. Only problem is the pop-up water level indicator quit working. But after 50 years of buying real trees we went over to the "dark side" and bought a nice artificial tree this year. Will give the Krinner to 1 of my daughters, I guess.

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Sheesh, this thread is gonna cost me a hunnert Simoleons.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I've used a "Santa's Last Stand" for a number of years. This year I broke the welds trying to get a 12 foot tree into it.

I had to run to Home Depot and buy a replacement as I wanted to get the tree immediately into a stand so I could water it. The best they had was another "Santa's Last Stand".

Now I will have to secretly break this new stand at the end of the season to buy this new stand.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminde---thought last year----I want that!

Boom - arrived in 3-days!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sgalczyn,

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4576 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
This here Krinner gadget is the cat's meow.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigseller2000
posted Hide Post
Got one of these a few years ago. yesterday morning recommended it to a guy at the gym. Yesterday afternoon I put our huge tree up, and was reminded just how good this stand is!

Posts: 782 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
We just put up our tree for this Christmas.

The Krinner Tree Genie M we bought last year made it a pleasurable five minute job.

If you don't already have a Krinner, get one!

https://krinner.us/collections/tree-stand

Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
I've had mine for about five years. Works well as long as the tree trunk isn't too thick.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. My 14 pound tom cat would enjoy trying that out. In Christmas past I had to wire the tree to the wall!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post