SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Officials say a loaded gun was found in North Carolina Rep. Madison Cawthorn’s carry-on bag at an airport security checkpoint
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Officials say a loaded gun was found in North Carolina Rep. Madison Cawthorn’s carry-on bag at an airport security checkpoint Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
MGT is one of the very few in Congress that has stood up for the January 6 protesters that are unlawfully incarcerated. She has my respect for that.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
She's nuttier than squirrel turds.

That's an ad hominem attack...
What is your argument/evidence?
I get the sense that "C'mon man" was said out loud before he typed that response. Roll Eyes

I didn't really have an opinion of her until I saw her on a Tim Pool podcast, now I believe we need more like her. When you're pissing off the entire establishment then in my view you're doing good.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

Was it at least a decent gun, caliber, make/model?
9 mm Staccato C2

Link to article quoted in OP

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
quote:
quote:
She's nuttier than squirrel turds.

That's an ad hominem attack...
What is your argument/evidence?
I get the sense that "C'mon man" was said out loud before he typed that response. Roll Eyes

I didn't really have an opinion of her until I saw her on a Tim Pool podcast, now I believe we need more like her. When you're pissing off the entire establishment then in my view you're doing good.

She makes all kinds of outlandish claims with zero proof then backs off when confronted with factual evidence. I'm definitely not for the left, but we have to stop pandering to the fringes on the right as well and not support people who constantly prove themselves to be wrong.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
She makes all kinds of outlandish claims with zero proof then backs off when confronted with factual evidence.

Well, you've climbed the chart to the level of contradiction.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24114 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
MTG is a ridiculous clown, to be sure. She's not even worth arguing over.

That such a fool ever got anywhere close to such importance thngs is appalling.

But goobers get to vote, too, and it happens. She, Bobert, Cawthorn, and more.

The sooner they're all gone from any aspect of public service or government the better.

They dumb us all down, are terrible for the Party on the whole, these particular fools.

Go away.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
MTG is a ridiculous clown, to be sure. She's not even worth arguing over.

That such a fool ever got anywhere close to such importance thngs is appalling.

What makes you say that?

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
She makes all kinds of outlandish claims with zero proof then backs off when confronted with factual evidence.

Well, you've climbed the chart to the level of contradiction.

You seem full of one liners, care to expand?

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you an idiot?

Ok, take that statement, run your finger up and down the pyramid until you find the level that fits. In this case, it’s name calling. Your first post was an ad hominem attack. When called out you went up a couple steps to contradiction. The goal is to get to at least the counter argument stage but higher is actually better. See how that works?

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Are you an idiot?

Ok, take that statement, run your finger up and down the pyramid until you find the level that fits. In this case, it’s name calling. Your first post was an ad hominem attack. When called out you went up a couple steps to contradiction. The goal is to get to at least the counter argument stage but higher is actually better. See how that works?

Yup just a regular knuckle dragger over here.

posted Hide Post
Nobody is saying you are a knuckle dragger but you are trying hard to make that point yourself.

You made a claim, got asked about it, called her nutty, got asked again, made a generic claim with nothing to back it up, and then asked the other guy to expand his comments. Do you see the irony?

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Greene has more balls than a vast majority of GOP swamp rats. She is clearly trying not to be part of the two party establishment that is controlling and running the country into the toilet. Some people find that intimidating I guess.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15575 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liken Greene to somebody like my wife. She is smart but she also falls into the trap of not getting her info before she unloads her opinion. So she finds herself having to defend things that would have best been left unsaid. The reality though is that I agree with her more than not and where it matters.

Ideally she would sit on her hands before commenting on things. Her life would be simpler. I can say that about President Trump as well. I would vote for both of them though even though I see this as a shortcoming. They both align with my priorities and sensibilities way more than the average republican.

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

Was it at least a decent gun, caliber, make/model?
9 mm Staccato C2

Link to article quoted in OP

Wow, well that certainly addresses smschulz question. Aren't those like in the $2000 range, and considered fairly high-end?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I liken Greene to somebody like my wife. She is smart but she also falls into the trap of not getting her info before she unloads her opinion. So she finds herself having to defend things that would have best been left unsaid. The reality though is that I agree with her more than not and where it matters.

Ideally she would sit on her hands before commenting on things. Her life would be simpler. I can say that about President Trump as well. I would vote for both of them though even though I see this as a shortcoming. They both align with my priorities and sensibilities way more than the average republican.

Totally agree. There is way too much shooting from the hip and opening of pie holes with bold and imprecise commentary, when we'd be far better off with precisely phrased ideas.

Also: his gun choice surprises me, based on the kind of person he seems to be. I guess I can't fault him, since that's the same thing I carry, though. Razz

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33805 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We're better off without him. He has some growing up to do.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only 26 years old and already has mastered the arrogance expected of members of congress. All those laws are only for the little people, you know?

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, we can fly with firearms. While it can be annoying, it is actually not that difficult. You just have to have patience to deal with the various local LEO working the airport security. At least that was the way it was the last time I flew with a pistol. It was locked inside a suitcase and checked baggage. No problem at all, just the PIA dealing with the locals who had a sad lack of the actual rules.

Padlocked hard case that only you can control the key to (no matter how much crap the officers give you), in checked luggage, declared at the checked luggage counter. They'll ask you to open the case and signed declaration card saying it's unloaded, and depending on where you are TSA will either be all over you or they won't give you the time of day.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3352 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vulrath:

Padlocked hard case that only you can control the key to (no matter how much crap the officers give you)
A combination lock might be a better option. There would not be any discussion of who handles the key.

Even better would be a case with a biometric lock.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post