SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Great deal on motor oil!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great deal on motor oil! Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
WalMart Corporate, I am told, will no longer carry Q State or Pennzoil 10W40 in the 5 quart bottles. It's clearenced out at $4.50 a 5 quart bottle. I snagged 3... Cool

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
WHOA!!! Eek That IS a great deal!! Unfortunately my shop guys have started using a blended synthetic in my vehicles.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
10W40

Who still uses 10W40?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24581 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
10W40

Who still uses 10W40?

All of us who are still nursing along older vehicles.
Some of us are probably still using 15w40 in our old diesels that we have had since before diesels were cool.

Posts: 6345 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
quote:
quote:
10W40

Who still uses 10W40?

Some of us are probably still using 15w40 in our old diesels that we have had since before diesels were cool.
Rotella?

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
10W40

Who still uses 10W40?
Vintage cars and muscle cars.

Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I run it in the summer here

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39871 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who still uses 10W40?

I was using Pennzoil 10W40 religiously in my '97 Corolla when I was changing the oil myself. Then I just started taking it in for inspection, tire rotation, and oil change all at the same time and found out the shop was using the Synthetic Blend.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
would that be any good for a gun oil?

==================================

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
would that be any good for a gun oil?
Get some damn grease.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Yep, 10W40 is good enuff for my GTO, my 1976ish IH Lo Boy Tractor and my dad's 1967 JD backhoe. probably also be fine in my 89 Check K2500 plow truck and my dads 95 Chevy 2500 for summer. Geez, we need newer vehicles!

Thanks for the tip, we'll be stocking up.

Posts: 5817 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
'99 Chevy Tahoe 5.7 litre?
It calls for 5W30, but this would be OK for my summer oil change?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24581 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Good enough for your lawn mower.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
When did oil go from .90 cents a qt. to $4.50 on sale Eek

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19707 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's $4.50 for 5 qts.

Posts: 1405 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Sweet, thanks. Signed, Rip VanWinkle Wink

"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
quote:
quote:
10W40

Who still uses 10W40?

Rotella?

Is there another oil? Smile
My dad believed in the stuff. When we farmed we bought it by the drum, literally.
The equipment, the trucks (big & small, gas or diesel), mom's car, the lawn mower....Shell Rotella 15W40 in everything.

Posts: 6345 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Sure he oiled the drive way too Wink
God Bless the oldtimers.

Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
'99 Chevy Tahoe 5.7 litre?
It calls for 5W30, but this would be OK for my summer oil change?
By now, I'm guessing you've got a fair bit of miles where the tight clearances have loosened-and it's not like an SBC has exotic stuff like hydraulic cam timing. And it's close to specs.

Yeah, I'd stock up for that vehicle at those prices.

Posts: 5784 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I use Rotella 15w40 in a 16 Duramax.

Posts: 1106 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post