SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Great deal on motor oil!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great deal on motor oil! Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
10W40

Who still uses 10W40?

All of us who are still nursing along older vehicles.
Some of us are probably still using 15w40 in our old diesels that we have had since before diesels were cool.
Rotella?

Delo 400

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8380 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Stopped by the local Wall Mart. Sure enough an employee said they had the deal too. Wasn't in the auto section, it was in the clearance isle.

And it was all gone...

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4173 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
$27 bucks at the Walmart here.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6528 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Stopped by the local Wall Mart. Sure enough an employee said they had the deal too. Wasn't in the auto section, it was in the clearance isle.

And it was all gone...
I was told the same but it was on lower shelf in regular auto supply isle.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
It is amazing at some of the clearance sales. It helps to know what section they are posted in each store that you frequent.

Each store is different and seems they turn over old inventory or some that is not moving to use the shelf space for something else. They recently had some Minwax Polyurethane one quart for $1.

Posts: 11892 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
WHOA!!! Eek That IS a great deal!! Unfortunately my shop guys have started using a blended synthetic in my vehicles.

You do know you can go from synthetic to regular oil. You can even mix the two.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16450 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
While a good deal. I've been using Mobile One, changing my oil around 9000-1000 miles and using good filters. No issues.

Pulled apart an engine after about 100,000 miles using Mobile One because a piston ring was letting oil pass and fouling a plug. Besides that issue the engine was very clean. No sludge or any buildup and this was a car/engine that was run hard.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16450 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
I had to change the valve cover gasket on my 1990 C2500 with 198K miles and there was nothing but cleanness inside the head.

Posts: 11892 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
WHOA!!! Eek That IS a great deal!! Unfortunately my shop guys have started using a blended synthetic in my vehicles.

You do know you can go from synthetic to regular oil. You can even mix the two.

Also semi synthetic might only have a teaspoon of synthetic oil in the entire quart.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post