SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are email read receipts rude, and general email etiquette?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are email read receipts rude, and general email etiquette? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I delete any emails I receive with a return receipt.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anytime I delete an email, and the pop-up box states to the effect "the sender has requested a 'read' receipt, do you wish to send one now?" I will always click "no". This practice of requesting "read" receipts has been abused by micro-managers and pompous idiots that like to pontificate.

If the sender is going to be passive aggressive about how important they feel, I am 110% going to be passive aggressive about how much I don't give a shit.

Posts: 490 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
I delete any emails I receive with a return receipt.

Reading that made me feel so good

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
For those who are offended by the read receipts:

I can imagine a not too far away day when cell phone technology has evolved to the point where the caller will be advised that the person checked their phone and didn't answer. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post