SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need help from a business owner here for a consulting project
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help from a business owner here for a consulting project Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted
One of my two final classes to complete this masters in HR is to do a consulting project.

Wondering if there's any business owners here who I can work with.

Maybe someone looking to expand or help with operations.

Due this month but not that I procrastinated much. Big Grin

E-mail in profile for private chat if preferred.

Posts: 13117 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Don’t take it the wrong way, but I’m not sure many folks hire college students as consultants. (I could see the value in bringing in bright young engineers for a new perspective on things)

That’s more of a semi-retired role.

What do you have to do to get credit?

Posts: 5740 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I have a business. I'm always looking to expand. I occasionally hire consultants, though typically they are experienced experts. I do however, often make a point to try and help students and interns.

I'm not sure you've shared enough to help narrow down potential leads. I have no idea what you hope to help with, or what you have to offer.

I am willing to communicate off-forum. I can be reached here: phil@RikrlandVS.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
Don’t take it the wrong way, but I’m not sure many folks hire college students as consultants. (I could see the value in bringing in bright young engineers for a new perspective on things)

That’s more of a semi-retired role.

Maybe he would consult for free for the credit and experience.
It was many moons ago but in my Senior year we had to do some marketing/ management for a SMB as a part of a management class. Business Administration major.

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I may have one for you. I've just been retained as GC for a food distribution charity that is likely to come into millions in foundation grants to expand ops. HR is a place where we have a lot of to do.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12780 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

The OP is not what I would call a typical college student. I know him personally. He is an experienced Army officer, he has worked in management positions, I'm pretty sure that he has an MBA and this new Master's degree that he is working on will be another arrow in his quiver when he returns to civilian employment in a few months.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a capstone type of class. Hated those.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12721 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:

Personally I would not hire college students/fresh grads without or with little work experience. Can't teach soft skills.

I'd hire someone with an undergrad and a few years of work experience over a 24/25 year old with a grad degree who went straight from undergrad.

Fortunately (unfortunately?) I'm not a typical college student as V-Tail referenced above. But being around a bunch of work and life experienced deprived 24 year old children has been a huge disappointment in this program. I thought I'd be working with fellow adults and be able to network.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the help, I believe I have found my solution.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I may have one for you. I've just been retained as GC for a food distribution charity that is likely to come into millions in foundation grants to expand ops. HR is a place where we have a lot of to do.

Artie,

I will e-mail you this evening.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Sounds like a capstone type of class. Hated those.

Yep. Fortunately it's the last one.