SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    An interesting life death of Zappos founder
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An interesting life death of Zappos founder Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
In 2013, Zappos began experimenting with a management philosophy called Holacracy, in which titles and bosses are eliminated.

I wonder how that would work.... with nobody really in charge, it seems like things would fall apart, but maybe not....

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
In 2013, Zappos began experimenting with a management philosophy called Holacracy, in which titles and bosses are eliminated.

I wonder how that would work.... with nobody really in charge, it seems like things would fall apart, but maybe not....

The unstructured framework largely works in a office/corporate environment, so long as everyone knows their responsibilities. Most everybody had a mentor that they worked with, which is something I think is lacking outside of certain professional fields. If your work was suffering, you were more into the party environment and not doing the work, you got a few speaking sessions and ultimately shown the door.

As a sales rep who sold to Zappos, from my perspective, they were fantastic to deal with, they were a pleasurable account to manage. There was no confusion or, issues as to who is who, and if I needed to elevate an issue or, get some answers, speak to a company officer, wasn't an issue.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
have read a couple longer articles on this the last couple days including the Forbes one above

basically he went nuts (he was already a 'weird' guy to start with apparently)

chalk him up as another Covid mental health casualty i guess

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post