SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another good dog approaching the Rainbow Bridge
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another good dog approaching the Rainbow Bridge Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear this. Remy looks like a really good and loyal dog.

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear of your beautiful dogs condition, and the pain and anguish it has placed on you, and your family. Doing the right thing for your dog is truly a very sad, but necessary thing. You have my condolences.

Posts: 13718 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
So sorry to hear of your beautiful dogs condition, and the pain and anguish it has placed on you, and your family. Doing the right thing for your dog is truly a very sad, but necessary thing. You have my condolences.

I'm sorry to hear about this. Putting a great dog down in one of the hardest things we do in life.

Hang in there.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Great story about her. Very sorry you are going through that. Next to women, dogs are gods best gifts to man IMO. Hang in there!

Posts: 1828 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for your support and words of encouragement--they mean more than you know.

My wife and I were able to finally have a rational discussion last night and came to an agreement about what parameters we will use to decide when the best time will be to say goodbye to Remy.

Interestingly, although she's not 100% Remy has been having a really good day so far today. She's "smiling", lifting her tail high, and we even went for a short (but slow) walk. When we got to the top of our street I let her walk herself home. She carried her leash in her mouth like she likes to do and pranced down the street. She even ate part of a cardboard box sitting in the mud room. My wife got a little P.O.'d, but I reminded her that 2 days ago we were crying about losing her and to take the bad with the good.

We have no illusions that this is a long term recovery and know there will be good and bad days. We'll take as many good days as we get and let her go when the bad days get to be too much for her.

Posts: 1650 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Really sad news to hear. Been there four times with the Scotties my wife and I have had, our hearts go out to you and your family.

Posts: 4568 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
The day I took my first adult family dog was the hardest day of my life. He was our first child. He was 15 and in rough shape. Finally made the decision and my brother in law offered to take the trip with me. When we opened the front door the poor dog sees a tennis ball and in an instant he was a puppy again for a few minutes. We talked about it and decided he still needed to cross the bridge because this was an brief happy moment among many bad moments. I have never cried so hard in my life.

Posts: 1828 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Gosh I so mourn with you and hearing so many others stories of losing such dear pet friends, heartbreaking. Having experienced those losses myself as others here have, it just reinforces and reminds me of the love and deep affections from our dearly parted pets. All those heartwarming stories and memories, we grieve together brother..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
She is a real beautiful girl.

As animal lovers we all have to face this at some point. You are certainly not alone. But each one of us having to face this is about as difficult as it gets. I wish you guys the very the best. And know that we do realize the situation first hand.

May God Bless you guys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19776 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
so very sorry....

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear this news!

Remy sounds like an incredibly wonderful and amazing pet, and thank you for sharing her history with us!

The difficult decision you may soon have to make is never ever easy, but I think that person with the pic of Winton C. under their forum name offered good advice.

Prayers to Remy and you and your wife!!

Posts: 3589 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry about your beautiful girl. It's so very hard. She is family.

When her time comes, I'd like to think she'll meet and become friends with our yellow lab Lily in the beyond (we lost Lily in February).

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8659 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post