SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When to use your car as a weapon..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When to use your car as a weapon.. Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted
I think most will agree that this case is certainly justified…from Australia.

https://youtu.be/ZCuFaXswzG8?si=Qozo4UfjsCBrF4ah

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6331 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Like watching GTA live.... crazy stuff, lock you doors when you are in the car, and anyone comes at you, take off

Posts: 23517 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Gun it, if you can catch them between the car and a concrete wall, give em some big love(always wear your seatbelt).

Stupid assholes.

Posts: 5150 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
The lady driver should have backed up and done a 'double tap' with her car and saved the state and the Queensland tax payers a lot of money.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I don't understand why anyone is so reluctant to use all they have when their life is endangered by criminals.
A few days ago there was a video of an older person that was surrounded by a mob, rioting over Palestinian "rights" in the US and he was extremely careful as they were trying to smash his windows and gain entry.
If someone's using violence to enter an occupied vehicle or dwelling, all bets are off.

Posts: 9530 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
This came up in the thread about the pro Palestinian rioters in Mpls. where a elderly man inadvertently drove into their idiotic protest where they surrounded his car and started kicking it and pounding on it just freaking the guy out. I'm very surprised he didn't have a cardiac arrest on the spot. It has since been shown he was even maced when he tried to escape the car but he got back in only to have his nightmare continue.

A video of a lawyer in DC was posted in the thread who talked about when lethal force can and cannot be used using that same situation as an example. Lethal force being a gun or lethal force running people over with your vehicle trying to escape. Apparently these thugs are to be left alone battering your car until one breaks a window which at this point they cross a threshold. Once windows are broken and they are reaching in trying to pull you out it's game on. I for one being placed in that situation with no escape doubt that I could wait for them to cross that threshold. Not in terms of just wanting to mow them down with my vehicle or to ventilate three or four of them with my carry gun. For me it would be sheer terror in fear for my life.

This raises another question. Say the elderly gentleman had a cardiac arrest due to the stress of the event and died on the spot. Would the protesters been arrested and tried for murder or at the very least wrongful death? Sadly in this day and in Minneapolis I doubt it.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8536 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to find the video from out west where a cop decides that de-escalation isn't gonna work and does the flying Ford takedown, into a cinder-block wall IIRC. Then there was the copper in a patrol truck PITting a runner.

Full-width brush guards have their utility other than as a place to mount extra lights.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The thought of being assaulted by rioters makes me wish for a pickup truck. A nice tall one so there is no chance of a body being flung up and landing on my hood.

Posts: 27975 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some BLM protester jumped on a CHP cruiser in 2020 (or 2021).

He inquired foolishly about the pros and cons of climbing on a cruiser while the officer tried to clear the protester out of the street.

He found out.

I for one would feel quite compelled to exit the scene expeditiously if I was surrounded by a mob. I wouldn't wait for any windows to be broken.

P229

Posts: 3838 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

A video of a lawyer in DC was posted in the thread who talked about when lethal force can and cannot be used using that same situation as an example. Lethal force being a gun or lethal force running people over with your vehicle trying to escape. Apparently these thugs are to be left alone battering your car until one breaks a window which at this point they cross a threshold. Once windows are broken and they are reaching in trying to pull you out it's game on.

In the moment it may be very difficult to observe and understand exactly what is happening. My take is that if people are not holding weapons, not trying to open doors, not trying to break windows, then it likely does not justify lethal force. So if there are a small number of people kicking at the car putting dents in it, no-go on shooting them.

That is if you can clearly see that they are only denting your car and are not acting in a way indicating they intend to harm the occupants.

But if there are weapons of some sort in their hands, including any time of club, and/or they are attempting to breach the vehicle, it seems to me that there is clearly an attempt to harm the occupants. Why would they break windows or open doors if not to harm the occupants.

Luckily the old man in Minneapolis was not permanently physically harmed (apparently), but he should definitely sue the shit out of anyone in that crowd who can be identified because of the terror and, I am sure, ongoing psychological trauma.

Posts: 9467 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Maybe a good time to start learning to drift your car, be a heck of a way to clear out thugs beating on it...

Posts: 23517 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post