SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FBI agent arrested. Lead uncover agent in Whitmer "kidnap"
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FBI agent arrested. Lead uncover agent in Whitmer "kidnap" Login/Join 
posted
FBI agent and bodybuilder investigating Gretchen Whitmer kidnap plot is arrested after 'beating his wife during argument following night at a swingers' party'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...-swingers-party.html

An FBI agent who has played a key role in the prosecution of more than a dozen 'militia' members who plotted to kidnap Michigan's governor, was arrested on Sunday morning after allegedly attacking his wife following a swinger's party.

Richard Trask, 39, allegedly smashed his wife's head against a nightstand during an argument after the party, leaving her covered in blood.

She attempted to grab his beard to free herself, and he began to choke her around the neck and throat, according to an arrest affidavit obtained by The Detroit News.

She ultimately grabbed Trask's testicles, which ended the altercation, the document notes, and Trask left their Oshtemo Township home in her vehicle.

Trask, a gym owner who has worked for the FBI since 2011, was tracked down in the parking lot of a supermarket on Main Street in Oshtemo Township, near Kalamazoo.

He is charged with assault with intent to do great bodily harm, less than murder. Trask was released on a $10,000 bail and is prohibited from carrying a firearm.

Trask's wife said that they had several drinks at a swingers' party held at a hotel in Oshtemo Township.

She did not like the party and they argued about it on the way home.

When they got back, they had a physical fight.

Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Office said Trask's wife had cuts to the right side of her head and 'blood all over chest, clothing arms and hand,' as well as 'severe' bruising to her neck and throat.

FBI spokeswoman Mara Schneider on Monday said the bureau is cooperating with the prosecutor's office.

Trask has worked on cases involving espionage, terrorism and domestic extremism investigations, but his job status now is unclear.

'In accordance with FBI policy, the incident is subject to internal review, and I cannot comment further at this time,' she said in a statement.

The arrest is a significant blow to prosecutors building a case against members of the Wolverine Watchmen, and comes amid mounting questions about the FBI's actions.

Andrew Arena, former special agent in charge of the FBI's Detroit office, told Detroit News that his arrest was deeply problematic for the case.

'It's the last thing you want for a major case like this,' he said.

'Any time you give the defense any ammunition it's not good.'

The internal review would include an investigation by FBI internal affairs, Arena said.

'Depending on the severity, it could be a suspension until things are ironed out one way or another,' Arena said.

Trask's exact role in the militia investigation remains unclear.

His arrest came as lawyers for the militia men - who are set to go on trial in October - began filing documents claiming that the FBI spurred on the men and encouraged their plot.

On Tuesday BuzzFeed news published a detailed investigation into the role played by an Iraq War veteran named only as Dan, who became a FBI informant, and several others.

When some of the plotters dropped out, Dan became the most senior figure in the group - spurring them on, financing some of their training and setting up links with other extremists, all while wearing a wire.

Attorneys for the group have indicated that Dan and 11 other known FBI informants in the scheme entrapped the men, pushing them to act on what would otherwise have just remained boastful, unrealized schemes.

Another source: https://nypost.com/2021/07/21/...tacking-wife-report/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wcb6092,

Posts: 12679 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
imo this case will continue to unravel

Top Men.

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Took the wife to a "swingers party". Yup. "Top men!" Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like she could hold her own, to end the altercation.

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phydough:
Looks like she could hold her own, to end the altercation.
I think I holding his ended the altercation.

Posts: 3917 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
So you can have a beard as an FBI agent?

I thought the FBI was supposed to be clean cut, the best, something we could all look up to.

I have lost so much respect for the FBI following the last few years of revelation of hyper partisanship, and selective enforcements.

So sad

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.powerlineblog.com/...dnap-gov-whitmer.php

DID THE FBI PROMOTE THE PLOT TO KIDNAP GOV. WHITMER?

The government has documented at least 12 confidential informants who assisted the sprawling investigation. . . .

[S]ome of those informants, acting under the direction of the FBI, played a far larger role than has previously been reported. Working in secret, they did more than just passively observe and report on the actions of the suspects. Instead, they had a hand in nearly every aspect of the alleged plot, starting with its inception. The extent of their involvement raises questions as to whether there would have even been a conspiracy without them.

A longtime government informant from Wisconsin, for example, helped organize a series of meetings around the country where many of the alleged plotters first met one another and the earliest notions of a plan took root, some of those people say. The Wisconsin informant even paid for some hotel rooms and food as an incentive to get people to come.

[A key informant] became so deeply enmeshed in a Michigan militant group that he rose to become its second-in-command, encouraging members to collaborate with other potential suspects and paying for their transportation to meetings. He prodded the alleged mastermind of the kidnapping plot to advance his plan, then baited the trap that led to the arrest. . . .

Last week, the lawyer for one defendant filed a motion that included texts from an FBI agent to a key informant. . .directing him to draw specific people into the conspiracy — potential evidence of entrapment that he said the government “inadvertently disclosed.”

FBI agent Richard Trask

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
bUt tHe RaNk anD fIlE aGenTs aRe aLl goOd guYs!!!

Roll Eyes

The whole agency needs to be disbanded. It's nothing more than the enforcement arm of the DNC.

Of all the events of the past 5-6 years, the exposure of the FBI as nothing more than a bunch of partisan hacks and the infiltration of the top ranks of the military are 2 of the biggest disappoints/surprises.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:

I thought the FBI was supposed to be clean cut, the best, something we could all look up to.

I have lost so much respect for the FBI following the last few years of revelation of hyper partisanship, and selective enforcements.

So sad

I think all the 3 letter agencies have "plain clothes" or otherwise internal groups with relaxed grooming standards.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You are thinking the days of excessive Brylcreeem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?..._channel=RonFlaviano

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.powerlineblog.com/...dnap-gov-whitmer.php

DID THE FBI PROMOTE THE PLOT TO KIDNAP GOV. WHITMER?

The government has documented at least 12 confidential informants who assisted the sprawling investigation. . . .

[S]ome of those informants, acting under the direction of the FBI, played a far larger role than has previously been reported. Working in secret, they did more than just passively observe and report on the actions of the suspects.

Good Lord! How is this not entrapment and incitement to commit a crime?

Mind you: It's not as if some of (?) these characters weren't a bit unsavory. They briefly covered one of these jokers on one of the local "news" broadcasts last night. Had a fairly extensive rap sheet. But still...

One bit of that "coverage" was downright laughable. Showed videos of a couple of the members doing run and shoot, cover and shoot practice with semi-auto "assault" rifles and short(-ish?) barreled shotguns. They were making a BIG DEAL out of these guys doing that stuff. "My goodness," I murmured to my wife, "these jokers better never get wind of IPSC, IDPA or USPSA matches. They'll really freak out."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

You can't look up to men wearing beards?

Jesus?
Socrates?
Lincoln?

Wink

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
She ultimately grabbed Trask's testicles, which ended the altercation

So it wasn't a BDSM scene, eh?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes. Most of the agents I've dealt with have facial hair.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Fuckin douchenugget

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Beards help with entrapment and framing innocent people.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6966 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

You can't look up to men wearing beards?

Jesus?
Socrates?
Lincoln?

Wink

Dusty Hill & Billy Gibbons?

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Yes. Most of the agents I've dealt with have facial hair.

Our agency just authorized beards as well.. They still need to an pass an annual fit test but that is on the the individual officer..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:

So you can have a beard as an FBI agent

I’ve never, let me reiterate that, never, met an u/c who didn’t have a beard. It’s the first thing they do when they go to narc…

I don’t know why people don’t think bad guys have beards, but it sells the u/c guy’s story.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11277 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
I think all the 3 letter agencies have "plain clothes" or otherwise internal groups with relaxed grooming ethical standards.
I think that's the bigger issue.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post